Menu
Katyh77
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

All the fraudulent activities that I'm going through with virgin staff

Read all for yourselves!  this is from september so I started paying money towards the mess they created.

Over charged because of virgin media staff mistake

This needs to be corrected urgently before it gets out of hand and become a very large sum.

I've been a customer of virgin media for many years spanning back to several previous addresses on and off and never before in the past have I encountered anything so ridiculous. And this is only one of many.

I rang virgin media and updated my payment details over the phone with one of the staffs. I told him that they must not take anymore payments from the card that I first used to sign up with as there would not be any money in it. That first card had a number of fraudulent activities showing up in my statements, hence the reason why I wanted virgin to quit taking payments from it in other words I transferred what funds I had on that card to another and I also had stop putting money in that account.

I rang virgin media with a different card and gave the man the details over the phone, and I ask him several times if my details were updated and he told me yes. He said that he had updated my virgin media account with the new card.
I also told him to update my email address and I gave him a new email to put on the account he told me that has been done also and if there was anything else that he could help me with, I told him thats all, I wanted was to update the details and he reasured me that everything is done and fine and the payments will now be drawn from the card I just gave him.

I received a letter from virgin media in the post a few days ago for double the amount that I was to pay for the landline and internet. The letter states that its charging me for this and that and God knows what else handling charge or whatever its called because of late payment?

When I checked with my bank it turned out that the male staff from virgin media did not update my virgin media account with the new card details, because it showed on my statement that virgin media was trying to take payment from the old account I told them is no longer use for that purpose, as there was no money in it and the card he claimed that he updated for me no payment was taken from it.

I then went unto the virgin media website to log in to my account and it turned out that the new email address that I gave him was not updated on my virgin media account either.    The website kept giving me error and said that email is not associated with any virgin media account. I then went on to sign in with the old email I first signed up with, that did not work either as it seems everything was wiped but not updated. Instead of paying what I normally would pay, I have to come up with 60 pounds or else I will get cut off.   I now owe virgin over 60 pounds because of his mistake.  Anyways I've signed up again using my old email so that I could get in to view my account.

I'm very upset as I'm not the type of customer who go around owing money. This urgently needs to be corrected. I'm trying to convince myself that it was a genuine mistake and it was not done on purpose so that they could overcharge me and get a bit of cash.  I'm now afraid to put my new card details on the website out of fear they might draw out a big lump sum.
I cannot afford this amount at the moment I've got other bills to pay please correct it.

Thanks in advance.

Only to check my details to find that My Account is showing that I still owe the same amount to virgin. its as if I've not pay them any money.

So now I'm asking the question fraud or what?

HERE

Fraud or what?

I Payed 30.28 pounds: on the 19 of october towards a bill of 79.77 that they claimed I owed.  Went back today on the 9 of november to check my arrears and it has not been updated. It is showing on my account that I owe virgin 79.77 and my account is over its limit.  It's as if I'm not paying my bill!! whose account is all this money being transferred to if it's not being transferred to a virgin media account?

Today on the 9 of november  over 30 minutes ago I payed another 40.77 towards the same bill.  Can someone update the bill payments so that people like me will stop feeling belittled.   I feel like I'm being given a free service and I owe lots of money and not paying a red cent towards it.

Email hacked

I've now Try to log into the brand new email that I'm now using to complain to virgin media and it is blocked hacked I cant get in.  It says someone has tried to access it and it is therefore blocked.   

Account temporarily blocked

To help protect your account from fraud or abuse, we might have temporarily blocked it because we noticed some unusual activity. We know having your account blocked is frustrating, but we can help you get it back easily in just a few steps.

I've only use this account on this forum as it was created for the sole purpose to make a complaint on virgin media forum.

It seems like a lot of people with exploitive characters are employed to work with this company.  Not to mention to continuous hacking of my landline from the first week that it was installed up until this day.   Paying money to virgin media to be made a villain.  Nothing like this has ever happened to my account when I was with sky and plusnet.  If you are paying money it suppose to show on your accounts that they HAVE RECEIVED YOUR MONEY!

I should not have to call up or complain about something that was suppose to be automatic.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: All the fraudulent activities that I'm going through with virgin staff

Hi Katyh77,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. I'm sorry that you have had problems with getting your payment and email details updated, this is certainly something that we don't want to see happening. 

I want to look into this for you, but I will need to take further details from you. I'll send you a private message; just check the blue envelope at the top right of this page.

Thank you.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katyh77,

Just checking back with you, as I haven't received a response from my last post where I requested further information so that I can look into this issue for you.

Please get back to me if you would like me to investigate this for you.

Thank you.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katyh77,

I haven't received a response from you regarding the billing issue you have reported on 09 November, 2015.

If you do require further help with this, please respond to the private message you have been sent.

Regards,

0 Kudos