Menu
vivjtay11
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

ANYTIME PACKAGE BUT CHARGED FOR CALLS?!

Calls below £0.50 - for details of calls please contact us
£14.67

Number of calls since your last bill Duration Cost £ (ex VAT)

398:15£14.67
Calls above £0.50 - or your selected itemisation limit, change itemisation limit
£6.39

Just signed up for phone and although I have anytime package, first bill, these calls charges.  I have phoned up but was told I had gone outside my package, just how can that be, if they are free anytime?  What am I paying for??

If this is how it starts dont think I will be back with Virgin for very long.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
thedelboy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: ANYTIME PACKAGE BUT CHARGED FOR CALLS?!

you are lucky there are two calls per month from my home and its me doing a Carelink pendant check! but I am billed almost every month for calls that could not have been made from my home! an engineer came out once checked the main box on the street and told me he had fixed the problem yet Virgin would not admit a crossed line nor did they offer a refund for the erronously billed calls(the engineer stated he was not allowed to tell me whether there was a crossed line but did say he had Fixed the problem ? you couldnt make it up with Virgin they change the goalposts whenever it suits them! FACT !!!

vivjtay11
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks both for your replies.  I have copied part of the bill above, there are 39 calls under 50p chargeable.  We have rang Virgin a few times to try and sort out.  They promised to send us an itemised bill of these calls so that we could see they were properly due, but they have not done so.  If they had nothing to hide, why not?  

Personally I find Virgin very untrustworthy, it is not just this, we are paying for 200 meg broadband but on speed tests it is in between 30 and 65 and we are getting nowhere with this also in spite being put on hold and spending ages being messed about on the phone, check this do that, at the end of the day we are billed for a load of chargeable calls on an anytime package - I cannot believe we have made so many chargeable calls and we are paying for an internet speed four times faster than what we actually get.

0 Kudos
vivjtay11
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You know when someone answers a question they have not been asked and gets all defensive, all my training tells me they are hiding somethingSmiley Wink

I am not a customer, look at my profile..... ha ha 

0 Kudos
United1948_35
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi. I too was on 200mbs but not getting anywhere near that speed,so decided to change my package to 100mbs.  Fantastic !!  I now get on average 85mbs .

Don't ask me how this works but it certainly does.  Might be worth a try.  Good luck.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You wont find packages from ANY provider that cover all call types. ANYTIME refers to the time of day the call is made, not the type of number called.

There is also a maximum call duration of 60 minutes. If the call lasts longer than this charges are incurred, even if the number is included in your package.

Talk More Anytime includes calls to standard UK landlines (01, 02 & 03 numbers), 0845, 0870 & UK mobile numbers. Calls to all other numbers are chargeable.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

vivjtay11
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response but if you look at the charges you will see it seems we have been charged for all calls over and under 50p, there is a separate charge on our bill for other premium numbers which I know are chargeable and have not included here. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

vivjtay11 wrote:

Thanks for your response but if you look at the charges you will see it seems we have been charged for all calls over and under 50p, there is a separate charge on our bill for other premium numbers which I know are chargeable and have not included here. 

I cannot look at the charges on your bill. I am another customer like you (look at my signature below). You will have to contact the billing department by phone to look further into this, as even the the Staff Forum Team here cannot look at the billing part of your account due to Data Protection restrictions.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
thedelboy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you are lucky there are two calls per month from my home and its me doing a Carelink pendant check! but I am billed almost every month for calls that could not have been made from my home! an engineer came out once checked the main box on the street and told me he had fixed the problem yet Virgin would not admit a crossed line nor did they offer a refund for the erronously billed calls(the engineer stated he was not allowed to tell me whether there was a crossed line but did say he had Fixed the problem ? you couldnt make it up with Virgin they change the goalposts whenever it suits them! FACT !!!

vivjtay11
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks both for your replies.  I have copied part of the bill above, there are 39 calls under 50p chargeable.  We have rang Virgin a few times to try and sort out.  They promised to send us an itemised bill of these calls so that we could see they were properly due, but they have not done so.  If they had nothing to hide, why not?  

Personally I find Virgin very untrustworthy, it is not just this, we are paying for 200 meg broadband but on speed tests it is in between 30 and 65 and we are getting nowhere with this also in spite being put on hold and spending ages being messed about on the phone, check this do that, at the end of the day we are billed for a load of chargeable calls on an anytime package - I cannot believe we have made so many chargeable calls and we are paying for an internet speed four times faster than what we actually get.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Are the speeds you are getting wired or wireless?

If the speeds you are getting are through a wired device then this needs to be looked into by CS. If you are getting these speeds wireless, then this is technically out of VM's control, as there are so many other factors that can reduce speed that are not VM's responsibility.

0 Kudos
vivjtay11
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You know when someone answers a question they have not been asked and gets all defensive, all my training tells me they are hiding somethingSmiley Wink

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

vivjtay11 wrote:

I am just trying to be helpful like most the other posters on here, & what I have stated is fact. The whole idea of this forum is that we are here to help eachother, but if you want to ignore the advice that's up to you.

0 Kudos
United1948_35
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi. I too was on 200mbs but not getting anywhere near that speed,so decided to change my package to 100mbs.  Fantastic !!  I now get on average 85mbs .

Don't ask me how this works but it certainly does.  Might be worth a try.  Good luck.