Menu
Jaguar
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

6 days for a phone engineer!!!!!!

I've just been told that I've got wait until next Tuesday to get an engineer out so we can make phone calls again!!

What sort of service am I paying for?

In the meantime I'll use yogurt pots with a piece of string!!

Is this standard for Virgin as Sky were always next day!! Why I did I change over?🤔

Helpful Answers
wgj
Tuning in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 6 days for a phone engineer!!!!!!

I have exactly the same issue - the phone line went dead in the middle of a call last Wednesday, engineer scheduled for Monday evening. Beyond this what  annoys me is when something goes wrong for an existing customer, Virgin are slow to respond. But they are forev r contacting me to try to sell me another prodcut.

All Replies
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Jaguar, 

I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line is not working correctly at the moment, and of course that the first available appointment is a few days away. 

I've double checked this morning to see if there was any earlier appointments or any cancellations, and unfortunately there isn't any. 

It does appear that the technicians in your area are rather busy at the moment. 

I'm really sorry that I've not been able to help you out on this occasion. please let me know how it all goes with the technician on Tuesday. 

Apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
wgj
Tuning in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have exactly the same issue - the phone line went dead in the middle of a call last Wednesday, engineer scheduled for Monday evening. Beyond this what  annoys me is when something goes wrong for an existing customer, Virgin are slow to respond. But they are forev r contacting me to try to sell me another prodcut.

Jaguar
Tuning in
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

It's ridiculous isn't it!! I bought the top package and on Wednesday phoned to see if they could add on caller I.D. They were asking for another £2 odd which I found so penny pinching when you pay out so much each month!!

And now the phone the doesn't work! I shall claim money back off my monthly account for lack off line, phone calls and international calls - all of which we use & pay for!!!
0 Kudos
Jaguar
Tuning in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Oh so true! Hope they turn up🤔
0 Kudos
JR19
Joining in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I also have to wait for 5 days for an engineer for a fault that is quite clearly down to something Virgin has done!

In the meantime I have no phone line and some poor people nearby are receiving all my calls!  

Will definitely be moving from Virgin after this episode!

0 Kudos
Jd3
Tuning in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Phone line went dead last night. Customer service helpful, but unable to get an engineer out to us for another 10 days!

Jaguar
Tuning in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Just had ours repaired today after 6 days!

Loose wire in their control box down the road from us!

What's going on with Virgins phone lines and lack of engineers??!!🤔

Perhaps Virgin would like to comment!!??
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jaguar

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your phone line. 

That being said, I'm glad to hear that it has been resolved, if you need any assistance moving forward you know where to find us.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
zylaxepav
Tuning in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

My broadband has been broken since Wednesday and I've been told it will be Monday evening before an engineer can visit. This is absolutely disgraceful customer service. Despite calling again on Thursday to try and bring this forward, I've been told there are no engineers available. What has happened to the great customer service I used to receive? Is this the result of cost cutting and reducing the number of engineers?

I work from home mostly and this is totally unacceptable. In addition, I can't use any of the things I rely on the internet for like banking etc. The kids are unhappy that they can't use their usual internet connected devices. 

Can someone from the virgin team please let me know why it is taking so long to get an engineer? Saying that "Engineers are extremely busy in your area" will not do as if that's the case, then you don't have enough engineers to deal with spikes in demand.

I have been a loyal customer for around 13 years and have been mostly satisfied till now, however this will probably make me move to another provider.

0 Kudos