Menu
marlynlmb
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

4 weeks to fix my phone line!!!!!!!

Why does it take 4 weeks from the day of reporting to arrange for an engineer to fix my phone line?  I'd lay good money on the fact that its the hole in the road beside the junction box that's responsible for the problem yet no one at Virgin will acknowledge that.

Initially I was promised that it would be fixed the very next day.  Then I was told that was complete nonsense and I had to accept the appointment they had booked for me days later despite the fact that I couldn't accommodate.  It took 10 days from the initial reporting to send out an engineer - on a date I didn't agree to but was pressured into accepting on the basis that the engineer would ring me ( I was away from my home) so that my neighbour could let them in.

The engineer rang the wrong number - I didn't receive the notification and now Virgin are insisting I cant have an engineer before 3 May!!!!!  24 days after the first reporting and (Hurray!!) 5 days after my porting date to another provider.

I live on my own and I am the registered cared for a disabled relative and now am left unable to contact her which puts her in danger and at the very least leaves both of us vulnerable!

I have tried over 6 hours of phone calls over the last two weeks to get this resolved and am no further forward than when I started - absolutely ludicrous!  And all at my own cost as I'm no longer allowed free phone calls because guess what - my phone line is down!!!

I have been promised call back after call back and NOTHING has materialised.

I'm leaving Virgin for good and will NEVER look back.  They don't do bad customer service - they just don' t do any customer service at all. They have absolutely NO clue what customer service is

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4 weeks to fix my phone line!!!!!!!

Hi there marlynlmb, 

I'm really sorry to learn of all the issues that you've experienced with regards to getting a technician to call out, I'm also sorry to hear that you're now taking your custom to another provider. 

I've done some remote testing on the line to see if there was anything obvious that I could see, as I guess if the hole in the road had damaged any of the cables, I'd see some shorts on the line, but when the tests complete, all appears to be fine. I've also checked to see if there are any earlier appointments available, and I'm sorry to say that unfortunately there is nothing available in your area earlier than the appointment that's already booked in. 

Apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
marlynlmb
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4 weeks to fix my phone line!!!!!!!

Huw

Thank you for your reply though I fail to see what you have solved for me and the information you have given is contrary to that given by your colleagues. I have been told categorically there are faults on the line and even though I can't get an appointment before early May I DO NOT have one booked as a) its AFTER I leave Virgin and b) none of your colleagues have bothered to book an appointment for me.

What happened to fast response for medical situations or vulnerable people? And what about the 500 mobile mins this has cost me so far and those that it will cost me in the coming days? And the repeated promises of managerial call backs which have never happened?

Your reply is just a sop. You haven't bothered to read anything about my situation correctly. Your customer care processes beggar belief!
0 Kudos