Menu
janerr
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

4 engineers, 3 weeks and 0 virgin land line working.

By the way it’s an old BT number.

4th February 2017 Installation day: engineers (called Lamar and Bill ID 94466) fitted tivo, broadband and virgin land line phone.

6th Feb: Customer Services rang and I said my virgin land line has never had a dial tone - she booked an engineer and said i would not be charged for phone.

13th February: engineer (ID unknown) (day off work) said phone is not installed outside and engineers had used BT line which is why it didn't work.

15th February: Rang Virgin - spoke to three people over 45 minutes - the third logged a complaint and said the engineers would ring me. An engineer rang me and said they would come round on Saturday to sort the issues out.

18th February: engineer (Fitzroy) said virgin land line not fully installed and that he had finished the installation both inside and outside but in order for the line to ‘go live’, someone with a security pass had to go into the land line building and turn it on – apparently this would take 48 hours.

22nd February: still got a dead line and (never thought I’d say this) wish I’d never left BT.

All tests from Installation day of 4th February say its working!!!! HELP!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4 engineers, 3 weeks and 0 virgin land line working.

Hi janerr

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service recently.

I've not been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end, so I can do that would you be able to respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? 

You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi janerr,

I've had an email from the area manager stating that they are liaising with our Network Department to get access to the Head end as there's a fault with the building and they cannot gain access. They are unable to give me an estimated resolution time on this, but state as soon as they have an update they will be in contact with you.

We apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
janerr
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Terri,

I can confirm that my virgin land line is now working - please let me know how I get the two months of no service and extra calls fees refunded. I would also like to put in writing my experience/complaint in the hope that this will help others - please advise who/address to send this to.

Best wishes, Jane

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jane,

Thanks for getting back in touch with me. I'm glad to hear that your landline is working now. Apologies that this took so long to resolve.

I will send you a PM with the further details that you've requested.

Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos