Menu
BrynH
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

1471 problem

Hi.

We have discovered today that the 1471 facility isn't working on our landline phone.

When you dial 1471, instead of the usual last number details, you get "you have no recorded messages" or something similar - sounds like the 1571 service (which we don't use).

This happened a while ago (I can't remember how long ago) and someone did some electrickery at VM's end to fix it.

Could the gnomes get their screwdrivers out again, please?

Man Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1471 prblem

Hi BrynH

Long time no speak Man Happy, I'm sorry to learn about the trouble you're experiencing with your phone service at the moment.

If you receive a call and that caller goes through to your voicemail service to leave a message, the 1471 facility will act as a platform to get the message they've left. If they hang up before your voicemail facility kicks in, then you'll still be able to dial 1471 and get the information. 

I hope this helps.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
BrynH
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1471 prblem

Hi Craig

I'm not aware that any caller on our landline can go through to voicemail.  We don't use voicemail and, to the best of my knowledge, it isn't activated on our line (neither do we want it to be).

The recorded message we were getting, on dialling 1471, was referring to 'no new messages' instead of the last caller information that you'd expect to hear on 1471.

The issue went away again quite quickly this time (I forgot to report that it was working again - my apologies!)  Maybe whatever it was got fixed at VM's end.  If so, thanks to the fixer!

Bryn

0 Kudos