Menu
JHoll
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

1471 not working

The 1471 system has stopped working on my phone after having a phone line problem repaired. How can it be reinstated?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1471 not working

HI JHoll

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service recently.

1471 won't work in all areas if you have certain features like Voicemail active on your line, so has anything changed with your service since you reported the fault? 

I've checked your account and we're not detecting any obvious errors, let me know if you're still experiencing the issue and I'll look to escalate this from our end for you.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we're looking forward to hearing from you. 

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JHoll
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phoned 150 last week and spoke to someone about the problem. I was told that it would cost £2.25 to have this service, I was surprised as I had not paid for this before, reluctantly agreed and was told that it would take 24 hours to update the system.

I have checked my phone this morning 5 days after the phone call and a recorded message said that 1471 is not available on this phone line. Someone has their wires crossed and it is not me.

Is this service available on the my phone line as it was before the fault?

This poor customer service, the service is either free or not.it needs sorting out

The OIs the service free or not ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jholl

Thanks for the update and apologies again for the inconvenience you're experiencing with your telephone service. 

As this has happened since the last account change took place, I'd recommend giving our team a call to double check the order, you can do that by calling us on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other. I've left notes on your account for you to reference, that should save you explaining to whole situation over again.

We'd love to hear how you get on

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JHoll
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Phoned 150 and finally got 1471 reinstated and technical staff phoned me so I could see if it worked. Also phone second time to check that the system had worked.  Why was'nt this done when I originally called to find out why it was not working?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI JHoll

Thanks for letting me know about this, I'm glad to hear that it's working.

Sorry this wasn't the case as soon as you reported the issue, we'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos