Menu
BlackCountryBob
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

1471 not working

Hi

Similar to other posts on this subject, if we dial 1471, we receive a message saying "Sorry the service requested is not available from this line".

I've spoken to Customer Services twice and Technical Support once and everyone says it's nothing to do with them.

I'm sick of the appalling service we've had from Virgin so far. In the two months we've been with Virgin, we've had to replace a TiVO box, there are continual problems with iPlayer and buffering and now this with the phone.  This is a standard feature across the UK so why isn't it automatically available to us.

Come January, we'll be going elsewhere as this is bloody awful. We had at least expected a decent service after we were treated so well in a local shop on sign up but we've yet to see it elsewhere.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 1471 not working

No problem at all Kevin

It's likely the team will contact you directly so if you'd like to send me an updated contact number, just send it in a private messageMan Happy

I'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi BlackCountryBob

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing at the moment. 

Do you have Voicemail active on your account? In some regions, if voicemail is active on the account and your call is answered by our voicemail service then unfortunately dialling 1471 won’t announce the last calling number.

If you've not got Voicemail, let me know and I'll arrange for this issue to be escalated by our back office teams. 

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
BlackCountryBob
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

Yes, we have voice mail already activated.  Even when a call is not intercepted by voice mail, when you dial 1471 the message is Sorry the service requested is not available from this line. 

When I called Customer Services, they said speak to Technical Support. Technical Support said as there isn't a fault, Customer Services need to activate. When I called Customer Services again, they said they can't see how to activate it. 

If this is good customer service, we'll be taking our business elsewhere as soon as possible.

Extremely agitated

Kevin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the update, I'm sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing. 

I've requested that a member of our back office team take a look at this for more clarification on if this feature is possible in your area. As soon as I receive a response I'll be in touch to let you know.

We'll talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
BlackCountryBob
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Craig, much appreciated.

Kind regards

Kevin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No problem at all Kevin

It's likely the team will contact you directly so if you'd like to send me an updated contact number, just send it in a private messageMan Happy

I'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

0 Kudos
BlackCountryBob
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

The team called us and we now have the 1471 service at last.  Thanks goodness for the community because to be honest, anytime we've had problems, it's been the community that sorted it, not customer services.

Thanks for your help, we really appreciate what you've done for us!

Kind regards

Kevin

0 Kudos