Menu
ChrisPT
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

1471 Not Working

Hi,

I've had a Virgin Media engineer round this morning to fix our phone (they had to run new cable from the road) as it had been out of action for more than a month.  I can now make and receive calls, but when I try to use 1471 I get the message: "The service requested is not available from this line".

I'm pretty sure I used to be able to use 1471 from my Virgin phone, is this a change to Virgin's phone service in general or is it another fault on my line?

Thanks

Chris

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 1471 Not Working

Hello ChrisPT,

Welcome to the community!

Yes this feature is available to everyone but due to the fault this feature had come off the line.

I have just added the 1471 feature back on for you so please test it again and let me know if there's any problems.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

I believe 1471 should be available from all Virgin Media phones - Especially if you have used this before yourself from your line.

I'm able to call 1471 myself so it isn't a nationwide problem.  First of all you are best checking on the 'Service Status' option on your online Virgin Media account.  This will list any known issues affecting your area.  Just in case there is something mentioned that relates to your issue.

If there are no known issues and all cables appear to be connected correctly then unfortunately it would probably require another engineer visit.  You may wish to give Virgin Media a call or chat with someone on Live Chat to get this arranged.  Virgin Media staff do respond to messages in this public forum but often take a week or so to reply, so this wouldn't be the quickest way to get a resolution.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello ChrisPT,

Welcome to the community!

Yes this feature is available to everyone but due to the fault this feature had come off the line.

I have just added the 1471 feature back on for you so please test it again and let me know if there's any problems.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

ChrisPT
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,

All working now - thank you Smiley Happy

Thanks

Chris

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That's good news and thanks for letting me know Chris Smiley Happy

If there's anything else we can help you with just pop another message on the community.

All the best.

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Gwyn123
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm also in a similar position. We moved house recently, and as part of the move we also added TV to our telephone and broadband package. Since the move dialling 1471 has no effect - no message but shortly after dialling the dial tone comes back

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gwyn123

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with 1471 not working at the moment. 

I've located your account to take a closer look and I can see that you've spoken to the team since your post and that the feature has been added after some issues, so I hope everything is working as it should at the moment? 

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos