Menu
Su123
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

yesterday I asked one ofyour technical guys about upgrade software on my s3 mini

He said that if I left the Wi Fi on for a few hours it would upgrade to KitKat, I left it on over night and nothing has happened

I'm still on 4.1.2 which is jelly bean.

why has this not upgraded? I also tried manuelly doing this by going to settings about device software upgrade and it would not connect to the server.

can you help.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: yesterday I asked one ofyour technical guys about upgrade software on my s3 mini

Where did you see there was an upgrade available? As far as I can see, Samsung have not released any firmware for the S3 Mini past 4.1.2. This is what you should have been told, rather than being told it would be upgraded.

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/GT-I8190/

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Su123
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: yesterday I asked one ofyour technical guys about upgrade software on my s3 mini

It was one of virgins technical guys on the phone yesterday said I should be on KitKat, can't remember his name.

but seeing as Samsung have released lollipop I should get kitkat

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Su123 wrote:

but seeing as Samsung have released lollipop I should get kitkat

Unfortunately that doesn't always apply, not all phones get an upgrade from one version of Android to another. It's completely down to the manufacturer and in this case, it looks like Samsung aren't going to do so.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Su123
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok in that case you should make sure all your staff are passing on the same information.
0 Kudos
blankcanvas67
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have a Samsung galaxy fame and that's still on 4.1.2 and Samsung have told me when I emailed them they don't see an upgrade to kitkat for this phone in the near future.
Some virgin tech guys you speak to about different problems are really helpful and go out there way to help and resolve problems where as others just tell you things without looking into things.
I have had several experiences like that with them and also a few experiences with very helpful guys.
0 Kudos