Menu
bdowling
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

windows mobile

hi probably heard this question before ,but i have a windows mobile on contract and cannot seem to get any of the virgin apps on it ,will windows phone not support virgin apps and if not what are virgin doing about it as i still have about 18 months left on contract for a mobile that virgin have sold me that i cannot use their apps on ,any advice would be much appreciated ,thank you

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: windows mobile

No sadly Virgin do not and will not support windows phone with its apparent. Cost versus quantity sadly

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi bdowling,

it's very unlikely that there will be any development of Windows apps.

You probably already know that you can get exactly the same information as the "My Account" app by going to http://m.virginmedia.com/account from your mobile browser. 

You'll need to be on mobile data at first but once setup you'll be able to access it over WiFi.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No sadly Virgin do not and will not support windows phone with its apparent. Cost versus quantity sadly

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi bdowling,

it's very unlikely that there will be any development of Windows apps.

You probably already know that you can get exactly the same information as the "My Account" app by going to http://m.virginmedia.com/account from your mobile browser. 

You'll need to be on mobile data at first but once setup you'll be able to access it over WiFi.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

beershark
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The Windows marketshare is a very small % of total users, granted. 

But, if we think about a % as REAL PAYING CUSTOMERS for a moment you probably realise that Virgin Media have several hundred thousand customers that use a Windows Mobile. 

Additionally, if VM go down the UWP (Universal Windows Platform) route the one app would work on any Windows 10 device including PC's and tablets which would probably include millions of VM's customers.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Assuming that Virgin's share of Windows mobile devices follows the sales figures for the phone in the UK. I would put it at around 3,000 subscribers. 

0 Kudos
beershark
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Actually, several hundred thou was a bit optimistic of me... I guess you are much closer.

Simple maths... VM have around 5m subscribers for different services, give or take (in 2015 4.79m broadband and Liberty Media have around 24m subscribers).

If you imagine say 2% of the 5,000,000 are WP users that's 100,000.  You could argue that most households have more than one phone user so that would go up.  You could also argue about demographics of older / younger users / subscribers etc. but I don't have that info.

But, a WP userbase of 100,000 is still a lot of people.  A decent commercial app can cost £20,000 - £100,000 to fully develop, less if ported.  So that's £1 per person for mobile alone. 

If its a UWP then it works out pennies as most of the 5m subscribers have a PC, Windows Tablet or both,..

0 Kudos