Menu
johno63
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

wifi buddy Error U113

TRIED USING AUTO CONNECT AND GET       ERROR CANNOT CONNECT TO SERVER (CODE:U113) PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER......

TRIED SEVERAL TIMES

SEEN ANOTHER POST IT SAYS TURN WIFI OFF AND DATA ON

BUT I DO NOT HAVE DATA PLAN

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi buddy Error U113

Hi johno63, 

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies you are experiencing problems with the Wi-Fi app.

I understand you do not a data plan at the moment. Using mobile data is the way the auto connect feature works and it picks up your data over the mobile data network. In order to use the auto connect feature you will need to connect your device to the mobile data network briefly, it is only for the set up purpose and once registered you should not need to do it again.  

If you would like me to take a look into your mobile account to check over what services you have at the moment and to see what you would need to do in order to use mobile data I would be more than happy to look into it further. I will send you a private message to ask for some further details (purple envelope, top right) and look forward to hearing from you soon 

Thanks

Mike  

0 Kudos
Reneh4610
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have exactly the same problem with Code U113, but with Virgin Media WIFI. (Buddy no longer available)

I have a SIM only account and pay in arrears.

Looking at my account for mobile data on line I have the message below:

You’re out of data!

You can continue using data and will be automatically charge at £2 per day for unlimited usage within the UK until your next refresh date.

I read that as I'm OK to use mobile data and I'll simply be charged £2 which is fine.  Set up switched off my internet connection to my router, BT. I do not usually have mobile data switched on but did for this set up.

This is a new phone a Motorola Moto 4G. I had Virgin Mobile Buddy on my old phone and (as far as I recall) set up was trouble free.

Can you help please.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Reneh4610, 

Welcome to the community!

I am sorry to learn that you are having issues with the Wi-Fi app. Can I ask have you removed this and reinstalled it? 

When you tried to set this up for the first time, did it say anything about your sim being incorrect?

Sorry for all the questions, I would like to make sure I’m getting the best resolution for you. 

Chat soon, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos
Reneh4610
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I uninstalled and re-installed just now. (I had tried before.)

No message about  sim being incorrect.

I get this screen:

Virgin Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Reneh4610, 

From the photo I can see that the Wi-Fi is on, are you a Virgin Broadband customer? If not you have to turn the Wi-Fi off, and allow the app to use the mobile data, just until it connects and then you can pop the Wi-Fi back on. 

Chat soon, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos
Reneh4610
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I had already tried that but have just done so again, twice! No joy I'm afraid.

Incidentally did you realize that the auto set-up switches off the WIFI anyway? What's more if, as on this occasion I have turned off WIFI beforehand it turns it back on at the end of the auto set-up attempt.

Just to reiterate WIFI Buddy worked fine on my old phone with the same SIM.

Phone is a Moto G4 old one was a MOTO G

0 Kudos
Reneh4610
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Something else I have just noticed; if on the screen where "Set up auto-connect" is an option I choose "Settings" against Mobile Number is says No account. Perhaps that is completed by auto-connect. Iy can't be accessed manually.

I also went into More WiFi and enabled it, made no difference! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Reneh4610,

Does clearing the app data and then firing it back up help at all?

Remember to leave your mobile data on before firing the app back up.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Reneh4610
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Not sure what you mean by "clearing the app data". I have looked on settings/apps/Virgin Media Wifi and there is no data. Not surprising as it hasn't ever worked.
I have also uninstalled and re installed several times.

Incidentally I understood WiFi Buddy was no longer available, it's not on Play Store. That worked on my old phone.

Peter
0 Kudos