Menu
janbe
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

wi fi buddy

When I go to download the app for wi fi buddy, it says that it's not available in my country. i'm in the UK

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: wi fi buddy

Hi janbe

have you changed any settings on the phone i.e language settings or anything?

Also have you tried downloading the app over WIfi and your phone data only?
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
janbe
Joining in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

It's a Samsung Duos, bought while I lived in Malta. Of course, I'm not there now. I don't like taking the sim out because it will then only work if I put an O2 sim in for a while.

I have no idea what your second suggestions means. I did think that there might be a way of downloading the app to my pc and then transferring it to my phone via data cable.

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Its possible that because its not a UK branded handset and or a non UK sim?

When you are trying to download the application

are you connected to your home internet router ( wifi ) or do you use the internet on the phone,

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

0 Kudos
janbe
Joining in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

It's a Virgin contract sim. The phone is international and not available in the UK.

I was connected via the home network. No mobile signal at home.

I may just have to switch provider, because I can barely use the phone with Virgin.

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi janbe

Sorry to hear its not going well at the moment Smiley Sad

I would try using the phones data when you can have a signal. Have you tried to fix the signal issue?

0 Kudos
janbe
Joining in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

How to fix the signal issue?  I just don't have a Virgin signal. The only good signal in the house is a Vodofone one. If you know of a way of boosting  a non existent Virgin mobile signal at home, do tell. I have VM broadband.

0 Kudos
janbe
Joining in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

using data was of no help at all. I get a text trying to sell me on wi fi buddy and then 'sorry. not available in your country'

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Janbe,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some issues downloading the Wi-Fi buddy app. With regards to the apps function, it doesn't help boost signal at home. The app will help you connect  to any available public hotspots.

Are you able to Private message me your postcode so I can check your area out? You can do this by clicking on my face and selecting the send me a message option on the right.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

From what I saw in your area, there are 2 3G masts that are service affecting which may cause issues getting a signal

you can try changing the phone to 2G as there isn't any 2g service affecting faults in your area Smiley Happy

As for the WIFI buddy not showing in the UK may need looking at further. I will speak to one of my colleagues who work in tech when they are in work on Monday to see if they can think of anything for you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos