Menu
rosday
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

why doesn't the 'BUY ??MB' travel pass text work?

There's no way of buying a travel pass via text actually works. I want to sort out and pay for my travel pass before I go to France. I always get a "whoops" message and end up ringing customer services who are very helpful but don't seem to be able to sort out the text purchase problem. I picked this package precisely because you offered this and it has never worked. Please sort it. I don't want to spend ages on the phone to your customer services, I want to just text BUY 50MB!!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
stazi
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: why doesn't the 'BUY ??MB' travel pass text work?

You can only buy an EU Travel Pass (EUTP) when you're abroad in an EU country. It should work when you text 23456 and 'BUY'- but I recommend that you ring VM CS before you go abroad to confirm that 'roaming' is active on your account.

Don't assume that just because your online account says that 'roaming' is active, that it actually is. After the VM system upgrade in March, my account said 'roaming active' ( it always had been), but this was a false statement. I bought an EUTP, but VM CS confirmed on my UK return, that my roaming wasn't active on their system, when it said it was. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
stazi
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can only buy an EU Travel Pass (EUTP) when you're abroad in an EU country. It should work when you text 23456 and 'BUY'- but I recommend that you ring VM CS before you go abroad to confirm that 'roaming' is active on your account.

Don't assume that just because your online account says that 'roaming' is active, that it actually is. After the VM system upgrade in March, my account said 'roaming active' ( it always had been), but this was a false statement. I bought an EUTP, but VM CS confirmed on my UK return, that my roaming wasn't active on their system, when it said it was. 

0 Kudos
rosday
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much. I think they should make it clear that this is the case. I never want to risk leaving it until we're there and there's nothing to say that you have to be in Europe before it works. I guess it's back to ringing CS again and hope, that if I run out while I'm there, I'll be able to do the BUY text. I know that it works while I'm there because I've used it before - but only by buying it from CS. Thanks again.
0 Kudos