Menu
chrisn569
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

why can't I text bar 03 to my mobile? These unsolicited texts cost a fortune!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: why can't I text bar 03 to my mobile? These unsolicited texts cost a fortune!!!!

Hi Chrisn569,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with texting. I want to get this sorted for you.

Are you able to explain the fault in a bit more detail so I can get this looked into?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
chrisn569
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: why can't I text bar 03 to my mobile? These unsolicited texts cost a fortune!!!!

Hi! Mat,
Thanks for getting back to me and I'm sure your answer should solve my problem!!
My mobile, Microsoft Lumia 535, bought Dec. 2014, allows me to bar calls to ANY outward number I wish NOT to receive calls from and, I assumed, texts as well.
However, in the normal run of things, I was receiving TEXTS from 03 numbers which were, basically, promotional calls by companies which I had not subscribed to.
This meant, when I replied STOP to cancel any future calls from this, or any, promo company, they would still make a charge for their original text which was unsolicited by me in the first place! This was unacceptable, hence my enquiry.
My problem is, many local councils, including my own Fife Council, changed to 03 numbers and have a reduced charge calling them and do not make a charge when they return call to me.
But, if I call bar ALL 03 numbers, it would obviously call bar any replies from them to me.
If these promo companies use this loophole in the system, they are ripping people off by us replying and US being charged for the STOP/unsubscribe message!
If I do everything right at my end, why can't our/any service supplier (Virgin etc...)not stop these calls at source in the first place??
In my case I've been charged £4.50 for a call I didn't want in the first place. Definitely not acceptable from a customer cost point of view.
The one who wins is the Company who sends these calls out unsolicited in the first place.
Yours respectfully
Chrisn569
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Chrisn569,

I'm really sorry you're having issues with the number charging you.

It's very frustrating to be charged for these numbers I know. I'm afraid the companies that text your numbers will often text a random sequence of numbers and get through.

My advice would be to consider the TPS. Being with them can help this from happening on repeat occasions. You can find more info about them here.

Let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chrisn59,

How's this looking for you currently? If you need any more advice regarding these numbers let me know.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos