Menu
Sheraleelynda
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

why arn't i getting message "You have reached your device limit" from virgin mobile ?

I keep going over my limit with my virgin calls, why arn't i getting the text message "You have reached your device limit" from virgin mobile ? which they state will be sent to prevent this happening. Also being charged for virgin to virgin calls, which are supposed to be free.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: why arn't i getting message "You have reached your device limit" from virgin mobile ?

Hi Sheraleelynda,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are not receiving notification SMS's for your data usage. This is an automatic text sent out for our pay monthly customers. If you continue having problems, we could try you with a replacement SIM card, but there isn't a setting on your account that switches these notifications on and off.

If you aren't receiving these texts, there are other ways to track your usage:

• Use the Virgin Mobile Your Account app to keep track of your data usage balance (Install from your app store)
  • Login to Your Account online to view Recent Usage
  • Settings > Data traffic management > Traffic reminder settings > Monthly data limit > manually enter your package's limit
  • Settings > Data traffic management > Traffic reminder settings > When over monthly limit > select 'Disable mobile data'
  • Set up each of your apps, app store and OS to only update when connected through WiFi
  • Download a third party app that will track your data usage

Also, please see our online Help & Support page: Managing Your Account for Virgin Mobile.

Let us know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos