Menu
LM01
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

what is happening to customer service?

What is happening to virgin customer service? My daughter is being treated disgracefully by virgin mobile customer service team. She began a new contract with them, she was already an existing customer, she was sent out the wrong phone, when they sent out the correct phone she was on holiday, so it went back, but has somehow got lost in transit and can't be found. In the meantime, the mobile she was originally sent is faulty, it keeps turning itself off, she has missed important calls. The phone also gets extremely hot, it isn't safe. Customer service is no help at all, they tell her one thing and then change their minds. They won't even change her faulty phone. She was told to phone a particular number, but has now been changed in excess of £100 for this, despite not being told this number would incur a charge. She is at the end of her tether, she can't go on like this. What can she do now? We have been customers with virgin for 20 years, but we are strongly considering cancelling our contract now. No-one at virgin seems to care or be bother about how customers are being treated. Virgin are clearly in breach of contract, but they don't care, and they won't fix the problem. How can they get away with this? Can anyone offer any help?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: what is happening to customer service?

Calling 789 would seem the only option, staff can't help anyone other than the account holder and need to pm for that, they may pop onto this thread but it might be a few days. Customer service has bombed over the years sadly

0 Kudos
Lesleydn
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You have my sympathy - I've been trying to sort a problem with their customer service for several weeks now and get told something different each time , nothing gets done and the bill mounts up. It should be simple , but it's not because nobody listens or takes any action. In hindsight I think the only way to deal with them is in writing - though I've not been able to find an email address unfortunately - as it seems the only way you can at least have a record of your request is by turning it into a complaint. If no action within two weeks you can then progress it to the Ombudsman to deal with.

It's the worst customer service experience I have ever come across in my life!
0 Kudos
jenni3487
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgins customer service has always been terrible in my opinion. The best way I've found to deal with virgin is to go to retentions "the thinking of leaving us" option and getting them to sort it, usually only takes 10 mins max on the phone. If they do try to give you the run around or try to transfer you to someone else, though in my experience they tend not to but just incase just threaten them with sky if its a problem your tv/broadband, BT if its the landline and any major mobile network if its your mobile make sure its a major competitor and not a small obscure one that cant give you the same as what virgin offer and they bend over backwards to help and tell her to make sure they refund those charges don't know who or what number they told her to ring but she should have been transferred so it is free or they should liaise on her behalf customers shouldn't incur charges to report faults, problems, or mistakes.
0 Kudos
bhoywonder69
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Customer service is horrendous - I called yesterday to take advantage of the double data deal. I have 2 30 day rolling day sims. After a 15 to 20 minutes thought all was sorted. Now I received an email thanking me for purchasing a S7. At no point in the conversation was the purchase of a S7 ever mentioned in fact at no point in the conversation was there ever chat about buying a new mobile.

I called 789 today to try and resolve anyway I lost the will to live after 10 minutes will try again in the morning as I have much better things to do with my weekend. 

0 Kudos