Menu
joey112
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

voicemail problem

I have been with Virgin mobile for more than 2 years, but had not used my voicemail recently. After I switched from a 3G to a 4G 'sim only monthly plan' a week ago, I discovered that my voicemail no longer worked. According to my virgin mobile online account, my voicemail was switched on. However when another phone called my mobile with my mobile switched off, the EE network did not switch to my voicemail, and on my virgin mobile when I dialled 222, it refused to connect, with a voice saying 'try again later, if the problem persists call the help team via 789'.

Yesterday I spent a long time with three successive calls to the help team via 789, talking to three different ladies who were all ever so courteous and keen to sort my problem, especially 'Nora', but unfortunately were unable to do so. One of them talked me through my phone settings which were all fine, and another one contacted the EE technical team. They also gave me a different number to access the voicemail: +44 7953 222 222. I found that this leads to the same service as 222, and I guess that this is the number to access my voicemail from anywhere outside the UK.

At the end of the day I was back to square one: my voicemail did not work, and when I dialled 222 or the long number, I got the dreaded voice saying 'try again later, if the problem persists call the help team via 789'. Finally, I went on-line into my virgin mobile account, switched off my voicemail under 'my settings', and after a few minutes switched it on again. A message appeared that after 20min my voicemail should be ready and activated. After 20min I reset my mobile, and low and behold, my voicemail is working again! Everything is back to normal, and I have created a new access pin code and personal greeting message.

I am happy it has been resolved. However, if the help team at 789 in the first place had suggested for me to go on-line and to reset my voicemail myself, it would have saved me a lot of time and hassle. Hint for the Virgin Mobile help team!

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: voicemail problem

Hi joey112,

thank you for taking the time to join this forum and tell of your Voicemail problem.

This post may be of help to anyone else coming here looking for a possible solution to the same issue.

AlexKid :-)

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: voicemail problem

While on the subject of voicemail, anyone who is or is living/registered at a Virgin media subscribed address and changing to sim only pay monthly then ensure the sales agent ticks the correct box that indicates that you will receive free calls to virgin mobiles.
I mentioned voicemail as if you are meant to receive free calls to virgin mobiles in the first place then calls to 222 will not come out of your tariff minutes as 222 dials into a Virgin Mobile number.
0 Kudos