Menu
SiobhanT
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

voicemail not working

Since reporting my phone lost, and re-found nothing seems to work. As well as FindMyPhone not available any more, voicemail now doesn't work either. Have spent the last 20 mins listening to recorded messages which do not work

It's impossible to get to talk to someone - and the patronising recorded woman drives me insane.

Going to look elsewhere

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: voicemail not working

Hi SiobhanT,

Welcome into the Community and letting us know what's been going on, I hope you've been able to have a good look around.

I'm sorry to read about the recent problems on the phone regarding Voicemail. I would like to ask when you're setting up the voicemail, what error are you getting if any?

Also I would like to ask if you reported this lost or stolen to us during the missing period of time?

Stay in touch and take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

When you reported to Virgin that your handset was lost then they would have deactivated the SIM and sent you a new one with the same number. This to stop anybody finding the phone running up a big bill on your account or exhausting your PAYG credit. They should also have barred the handset to stop it being used on any UK network. 

So if they haven't sent you a new SIM then you need to ask them to do so. The old SIM won't work. If they also barred the handset they should be able to lift the bar.

0 Kudos
SiobhanT
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I did report it lost, but it was found immediately and so no new SIM was issued (a friend had taken it by mistake).

I have been on the phone to technical team 3 times and it still is not working. I was supposed to get a call back yesterday after he did a system reset but I haven't heard anything. So that's yet another call through to Virgin I need to do....

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What message, if any, do you see when you power the handset off and then on again? "Unregistered SIM" or similar?

0 Kudos
SiobhanT
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

no message
0 Kudos
SiobhanT
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin still haven't managed to fix it.

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Are you able to receive calls? What message is heard by the caller if you don't answer?

Are you able to send and/or receive SMS text messages?

0 Kudos
SiobhanT
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can receive calls. It rings 10 times then a message says this phone is not available.
I called 789 again this morning with a promise that someone would call me back to fix the problem, again. That was 3 hours ago.
0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Put *#61# into the dialer and then press "Call".

After a few seconds the phone should display the Call Forward (divert) on no answer status.

You should see something like "Call Forward When Unanswered, Voice: +4479nnnnnnnn after 30 seconds". What does your phone say? NB please don't publish the full number on here.

0 Kudos