Menu
BillGibbon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

voicemail delay

My wife has a very small, simple Nokia with Virgin mobile - £5 a month only. We've been trying to increase the delay before it cuts to voicemail - currently only 2 or 3 rings which doesn't even give her time to find her handbag, let alone get it out to answer a call.  Virgin staff have been most unhelpful - in a VM shop we were just fobbed off with a number to call, the call took so long to connect to a real person, and then the real person just wasn't very helpful at all with no tolerance of how people just don't remember passwords after years of never needing it, and then when they do finally come to some solution - giving bank payments values and dates - decided that wasn't enough so we just gave up. We'll be looking for a new provider now.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: voicemail delay

Instructions for extending rings is here
http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1003&secureFlag=false&CUSTOM...

As for the password for calling, do you have a online account setup for the SIM. If so you can log into the account > click on "view my profile" > click on "security details", the security password shown.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos

All Replies
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Instructions for extending rings is here
http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1003&secureFlag=false&CUSTOM...

As for the password for calling, do you have a online account setup for the SIM. If so you can log into the account > click on "view my profile" > click on "security details", the security password shown.
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
BillGibbon
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

thanks vm, teabag  - just found that and tried it - got the response 'inactive for: All services' - so I guess we've now got a different problem ...

I very much doubt we've got an online account - it's just a £5 SIM thats never given us any problems at all.

0 Kudos
BillGibbon
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

teabag - we DO HAVE an online account - thanks for that prompt, as we've now discovered the answer. Still need to solve the other bit though.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

With your password now, you should be able to ring 789 and ask them to extend the ringing time for you now, hopefully there won't be a problem when they extend it - mine is set at the max 30 seconds.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi BillGibbon

Welcome to the community, have you been able to extend the number of rings before calls go to voicemail? If you do need any further assistance please let me know and we'll get that sorted for you.

Many regards.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

BillGibbon
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Dave.

No we haven't. Such a bad experience that we gave up. Seriously thinking abut changing providers, but if you can help, quickly and painlessly, that would be a great help.

B

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey BillGibbon

No worries let's get this sorted for you, I've sent you a private message which you can view by clicking on the envelope up in the top right of the screen.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dave

0 Kudos
BillGibbon
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Update for everybody.

Dave has taken us easily and quickly through all the steps to increase the delay as requested. My faith in voice support lines faltered a bit, but forums such as these always find an answer.

Happy customer once more.

B

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey BillGibbon

Thanks for getting back in touch and glad to hear you're all up and running. Any issues in future by all means get in touch.

Kind regards.

Dave

0 Kudos