Menu
Alucard
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

virgin mobile to virgin mobile

Hi everyone -

I purchased a virgin moibile for my missus - PAYG.

I registered both, my phone and my missus phone for the free calls between virgin mobiles (789444) and topped up by £10 as requested to activate it, on the 26th December, saying it would come into effect the following montth, which I assumed to be the 1st January.

The tarriff rate is still being applied when we tried it out today (3rd January)

My question: Is my assumption wrong about the start of the month for the free calls or would it take effect on the 26th Jamuary?

It is a bit confusing.

Any advice appreciated - Gordon

I do have other virginmedia services ie. Broadband TV and landline.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin mobile to virgin mobile

Hi,

if the Virgin media home service is in your name & you registered both mobiles in your name & applied for the unlimited Virgin mobile to Virgin mobile minutes by text (did you receive a confirmation text back?).

If this was done before you topped up £10 on the 26th then yes you should have received your allowance on 1st January.

I suggest that you give the Virgin mobile team a call on 789 from your Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone & get them to look into this.

Hopefully they will be able to manually apply it for you.

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos
Alucard
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Many Thanks for the info Alex and really decent of you.

I'll give em a phone now and let you know how I get on  Smiley Happy

Gordon.

0 Kudos
Alucard
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wee update:
Just off the phone to a VM rep, saying I have to change tariff to Big Talk or Big Data and Texts to receive the free Virgin to Virgin mobile calls.
The tarriff I have no is 'Unlimitacular: Starter'.
It is confusing....... indeed!
I had registered and received a text back on the 26th ie. welcome to the family.
Got to say, I'm a noob with mobiles Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gorgon,

if you were on the Starter tariff that'll be why then. I had assumed you were on one of their "Big" tariffs.

However it's an easy mistake to make especially given that they accepted your request by text & "welcomed" you.

If they had replied back saying "request not recognized" or "unavailable" or some other negative comment then it would have given you the impetus to contact them last month & address the problem in time to get your "free" Virgin minutes this month.

However, they didn't. Given this you quite understandably expected to receive your unlimited Virgin mobile to mobile minutes this month.

This being the case, if I were you I would phone the mobile team again on 789. Put these points to the representative & suggest that they might in the circumstances give you & your wife free Virgin minutes as a "Goodwill gesture".

They are not obliged to & such things are down to the representative you speak to (so if you get no joy first time around, you could call back).

However in my personal experience being polite & persistent when you have a reasonable case has usually paid off.

You have nothing to loose other than ten minutes of your time & you might be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck,

AlexKid :-)

Alucard
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Alex.

Yeah, it has been confusing, being 'green' on the mobile scene Smiley Happy

I'll give em a phone in the morning, see what they say and post back. Thanks for your time and info Smiley Happy

Gordon.

0 Kudos
Alucard
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wee update:

Had a good chat with the VM reps and everything now sorted. They were very helpful and kept me on the straight and narrow Smiley Happy

Thanks for your help Alex. Now the missus can annoy me whenever she wants! Wonder if I can block her number !!!!!! -- Only kiddin' --

Thanks again,

Gordon.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm really glad to hear you got this all sorted Gordon Smiley Happy

Please let me know if there's anything you need. We'll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos