Menu
linny40
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

virgin mobile data roaming charges

Hi guys i need smoe advice please as advice i have had from virgin operators differs and is very confusing.

time to upgrade my phone and change network so looking at virgin.

We r currnetly on Thrre network where we get free calls worldwide under he feel at home. so whilst a party of us are on holiday we can contact each other FOC.  1  guy on virgin told me if i pay a 1 off connection free of £50 all calls are FREE, another tells me you are charged per munite for any calls text. So broken down to a way i understand, if i am inthe USA and want to contact other people in my group who are also in the USA how much would it cost to call/text them??

Also if im in the USA and want to contact some one inthe UK how much will it cost me??

the same if i am in the Dubia  (UAE)

Also 1 guy told me that if i purchase say an ip7 it would only cost me £15,then said i would pay £34 pm on top for the handset

to me seems a simple enough request but the Virgin operators make it sound far more confusing

seems no one seems to know a real answer. All i want to know is how much would it cost me per month for 8gb data with calls & texts for an ip7 & would it cost me any extra to make/reeceive calls whilst on holiday

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: virgin mobile data roaming charges

Virgin Mobile (UK), do no free calls/one off priced plans for use while abroad.

An example: if in the USA, call costs are £1.50 @minute to make and £1 @minute to receive calls, data would cost £5 per MB !!!!

All costs can be found here
https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.

All Replies
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Virgin Mobile (UK), do no free calls/one off priced plans for use while abroad.

An example: if in the USA, call costs are £1.50 @minute to make and £1 @minute to receive calls, data would cost £5 per MB !!!!

All costs can be found here
https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
linny40
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks for confirming, s the people i have spoken to tell me lies when they say you get free calls, or if yo activate roaming all calls are free!!! maybe these call centres in other countries should be up todate with their knowledge. They were trying to sell me a package there and then, if i had gone for it i would be stuck in a 24 month contract & expensive calls hen away from home Smiley Sad sounds like i will stick with my current provider as they are the only ones who dont charge extra per call per minute!!
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes some Virgin Mobile overseas sales agents do have a big question mark over them, bend the script with whatever will get the sale - commission must be good. lol
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi linny40,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you've been given the wrong information when enquiring about the roaming services available on Virgin Mobile. It's great to see that @teabag has been able to give you correct advice! We do not offer an inclusive roaming package.

Our handset and tariff charges are separate in order to allow our customers to be able to change their service contract to suit their requirements if they should change, apologies for the confusion with this.

I will feed this back to our management, as you shouldn't have been advised that this is something that we can offer.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help