Menu
ian41
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

using my phone abroad

I am in Portugal and I can't use my phone to send text's, make calls or use the internet, my wife can't use the internet either.This is dispite calling Virgin before I left and was told I'm all OK,also I have called Virgin twice while I was away and the problem hasn't been sorted,headless Virgin
0 Kudos
ian41
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: using my phone abroad

sorry the last bit is supposed to say useless virgin,which they are,if all the other messages are anything to go by,I wonder how long will they take to answer me.
0 Kudos
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I've been trying to get my phone working in France for 3 weeks now, without success !
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi ian41,

Thanks for posting with usSmiley Happy

Apologies for the problems you've experienced getting roaming to work while abroad.

I'd like to help you get this sorted

I've included a link here a post regarding help trying to get roaming setup.

Hope this helps.

Let me know how it goes. 

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ian41
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have tried all these except to take the battery out,if I do this will I lose all my music and contacts,I shouldn't have to do this though
simplycool18
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Its quite obvious that Stephen B of the forum team is either brainwashed, stupid or living in a different world. He has no idea what he is talking about and should not be allowed to answer on the forum. OR he is simply not accepting that there is a serious problem with Virgin Mobile customers using their phones abroad. I ask that he rings me on [removed] or indeed anyone else who is having the same ridiculous problem

[MOD EDIT: Mobile number removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
simplycool18
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin forum staff have as much knowledge about their phones not working abroad as I have of finding life on Pluto. They are either pretending or trying to hide the fact that Virgin connection abroad DOES NOT WORK. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
0 Kudos
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm into my 4th week with no service abroad and it's rather disappointing to read the same cut n paste replies from the admin staff basically saying phone us, but this isn't possible for most of us.

Is there a clear obvious reason why so many people are having roaming issues ?, these problems go back many years and I note there is even a Roaming sticky at the top of the forum but it offers no real obvious advice.

On older posts it suggests that if roaming is not turned on when user is in the UK then if CANT be turned on when they are abroad, anyone know if this is the case ?, if so, I and many others are just wasting our time .

Again I ask, why us there no easy online/chat/pm alternative to resolve these issues !?, clearly Virgin could do this easily, in fact it already exists for other parts of Virgin media.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi ian41,

Thanks for your reply.

Removing the battery should not cause any issues with your music or contacts. Its simply gives the phone a little refresh which can sometimes prompt it to connect to a network.

Hope this helps.

Let me know how it goes. 

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
simplycool18
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Its got nothing to do with taking your battery out or standing on your head in a duckpond. Please read on carefully :- THERE IS NO MOBILE CONNECTION ABROAD. The Virgin team are living on another plane and/or being lied to by their superiors to hide the problem. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED PS why doesn't anyone from the Virgin team answer our problem? Why don't they ring me [MOD EDIT: Personal info removed] and speak to me.or email me on [MOD EDIT: Personal info removed]

0 Kudos