Menu
chrisgarda72
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

use phone abroad

So along with many others my mobile does not work in tenerife. Admittedly I did not set up anything before I left however on any other network you turn your phone back on in the airport and it works.
I have now been here a week reliant on intermittent wifi.
I have tried the on line chat and for a week have been told there are no agents available
I have called the 0345 number but as soon as I press any options I am cut off. Maybe my hotel room phone is not digital. There is no 'hold for the operator' option.
I have gone online to try and toggle my roaming (so to speak) only to be told that I in fact do not have an account with either virgin mobile or media (16 year customer ).
I have a week left of holiday. Does anybody know if I am likely to be able to use data Internet or text or phone calls?
Any advice barring carrier pigeon gratefully received.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: use phone abroad

Hi chrisgarda72,

when calling from abroad the Virgin mobile UK support line is +447953 967 967

If you could use this number from your hotel phone, I hope they can get everything working for you.

Happy holiday Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

chrisgarda72
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: use phone abroad

Hi AlexKid

Thanks for that. It may well work. I just tried it and got cut off as soon as I tried an option. I think I need to find a 21st century phone. I shall wander round the pool bar until I find a friend.

Thanks again

0 Kudos