Menu
crippo86
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

upgrading midcontract

Hello my current Sony phone has died and is apparently out of warranty. I have 12months left before I can upgrade. Would it be possible to upgrade earlier?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: upgrading midcontract

Hi crippo86,

if you're on one of the older style contracts upgrading early will cost you, (generally the number of months remaining multiplied by your monthly fee).

If you're on one of the new Freestyle Contracts which are split into two parts, one for your phone and one for your airtime.

You can upgrade your phone early by paying off the remaining balance on your phone credit agreement, with no cancellation fees.

If you want to discuss this, give the Team a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone and select the "thinking of leaving" option (cancellations and upgrades are dealt with by the same team).

Your other option is consider looking elsewhere for a Virgin or unlocked mobile phone to use with your Virgin SIM.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: upgrading midcontract

Hi crippo86,

if you're on one of the older style contracts upgrading early will cost you, (generally the number of months remaining multiplied by your monthly fee).

If you're on one of the new Freestyle Contracts which are split into two parts, one for your phone and one for your airtime.

You can upgrade your phone early by paying off the remaining balance on your phone credit agreement, with no cancellation fees.

If you want to discuss this, give the Team a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone and select the "thinking of leaving" option (cancellations and upgrades are dealt with by the same team).

Your other option is consider looking elsewhere for a Virgin or unlocked mobile phone to use with your Virgin SIM.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.