Menu
tatayoyo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

unwanted premium txt (£10!!!) not registered with Phonepayplus

Good evening All,

I noticed my PAYG was almost emptied for no reason.

When I cheked online I saw this: 06/09/2016 09:20:00 Premium text received 700074121 £10 !!!!

I searched this forum and read about phonepayplus but this phonenumber is not in their database:

"Unfortunately PhonepayPlus does not have any information about the Payforit ID/ShortCode 700074121

You should contact your mobile phone network and ask them for details about this number and service and get in touch with the service provider. "

I deleted the text I received at the time, so have no details at all for the company that send me scam.

1) I can not find a way of asking Virgin who the service provider of  700074121  from my online account.

How am I supposed to do this?

2) I tried to send "STOP ALL" as a text message to the phone number 700074121  but I keep on having a "message not sent " error, what can I be doing wrong?

Thanks a lot Smiley Happy

S

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: unwanted premium txt (£10!!!) not registered with Phonepayplus

Hi tatayoyo,

entering the number into EE's Third Party Services Checker shows this information:

Short code number: 65011

Service description: Interactive Service

Contact details: 0208 243 8562 or support@canibethewinner.com

This service is provided by New Level Ventures and managed by mGage

You need to send the "STOP ALL" text to 65011 or / also contact the company directly on the contact info' given above.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

tatayoyo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much for the link ALexkid !!!

I sent the "stop ALL " to  65011, should I receive any kind of reply from them? ( nothing so far)

What is the correct procedure to get the £10 back?

Thanks again

S

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi tatayoyo,

I have no idea whether you should expect a response back from your "STOP ALL" request
(It would be nice but.....?)

I would wait until working hours and try to speak to someone on the number provided. This will also give you the opportunity to request a refund.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

tatayoyo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much ALexkid,

Anybody from Virgin can help on the matter?

Sincerely,

S

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi tatayoyo,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. Premium rate sms are linked to PhonePay plus. 

To look into your premium rate sms charge further, please have a look here: Unexpected phone charge?

If you would like speak to us about billing, please give us a call on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) or 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline). You can also get in touch with us via WebChat: Contact Us.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
angelis76
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

tatayoyo did you get anywhere with virgin over the billing? I've just looked at my bill and have been charged £5 for an unwanted text received too but sent the stop straight away so am not happy either!

0 Kudos
tatayoyo
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

hi Angelis76,

here is the latest for me .

I contacted the company , asking them to remove me from any listing and to reimburse me.

Thy said I should receive a text from the post office to get the money back at a post-office within 7 days, it has not been 7 days yet.

If it can be of any help here is what I wrote:

Dear Can i bethewinner Team,

Following the advice of Phone pay Plus, I m
 contacting you regarding an unexpected phone charge of £10
 on 06/09/2016 at  09:20:00  from your company, on my phone
 with Virgin Mobile.

This was charged after I received a text from the phone number

this phone number gives back the details of your company:
     Short code number:65011
     Service description:Interactive Service
     Contact details:0208 243 8562 or support@canibethewinner.com
  This service is provided by New Level Ventures and managed by Gage.

Please let me know what is the process for me to put a formal complaint so that your company reimburse the £10.
  Sincerely,

no reply the next day so I wrote, again letting them know I was awaiting their reply

reply the next day:

Thank you for contacting Customer Support
Please reply with your mobile number to enable us to remove from the service, wecan then contact you to resolve your query.
Regards
Customer Support

Dear Can I be the winner customer support team,

To your request I  m providing you  my phone number so that I allows you  to remove it from your service.
I am giving you this phone number only for this purpose , and do not allow your company, any company affiliated to it, or not affiliated to it, to keep any record of this number, sell or resell my phone-number. I do NOT allow your company to add my phone number to any mailing list ( I forbid your company to add me to any mailing ) and do NOT wish to receive any information from your company or any other company you would pass-on  my phone number .
Should Can i be the winner fail to understand anything previously written please contact.

Only if you have understood and agreed with this please remove my phone-number from your service:
07XXXXXXX

When will my number be removed from your service?
What is the next step?

Sincerely,

Thank you for your email.

We can confirm you have been blocked from the service, we will process a refund, within the next 7 working days you will receive a free txt from the Post Office to your mobile, within the message there will be a 19 digit bar code, take this to your local Post Office to redeem your £10 refund.

Regards

Customer  Support

Dear Can i be the winner customer team,

Can you please confirm too that my phone number, as asked  , was not added to any listings , sold or resold to any companies linked or  not linked to can i be the winner?
many thanks for your reply ,
I will keep you update regarding this matter.
Sincerely,

Thank you for your email.
As previously stated the number is blocked from our service, we do not pass information over to any other companies.
Regard Customer Support
I will come back here with the next update
Thanks everybody for your help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
angelis76
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I will contact the company who I have caused me the problems and see what they say

0 Kudos
tatayoyo
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

SO I ended up receiving a text , with a code to bring to a Post Office , on showing the code to the post office I had my £10 back.

So I guess the problem "is solved", as I was the one who spent a lot of time trying to get my money back.

This is very very BAD  of Virgin Media to allow such scam on their network.

0 Kudos