Menu
tonto1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

unless they find a solution, its time to move provider

I have virgin home broadband and two sim contracts, one my daughter uses, i have unlimited data on my package but have used perhaps 2gb in over a year, my daughters package has 2gb per month, i requested they swap the packages, this is apparently impossible, i can have my number changed give her my new sim and number, and have her new number!!! i can alter my package, but she cant have upgrade to same as not available anymore, if they can change the number (note: i brought number from old provider when joined) without affecting tariff or package, they can alter package if requested without affecting number, sim or usage, why is it impossible to simply switch the two packages i pay for between the two accounts i pay for?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: unless they find a solution, its time to move provider

Hi tonto1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear the tariff changes aren't as simple as you'd expected. I'm afraid I'm not aware of any other company that gives you the option of interchanging tariffs.

The packages are linked to the numbers you signed up with so any changes have to be against the registered number. To take a look at all the data packages available please see here. A number change does nothing to the package or contract agreement hence why it can be done and not affect the tariff.

Does she require more than 2GB a month? What about upgrading the data allowance for your daughter? That way she can have more freedom and no number changes or package swaps need to be done. I would say that is your best bet.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
tonto1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I understand the numbers are linked to the package, however i do not wish to change either package, i know you can change the number yet keep the package , in effect this is what i wish to do, i wish to change my number on the original package to any number available, and change the number on my second contract package however rather than with a random number i want the [MOD EDIT]which will be available and is the vodafone number i brought with me when joining you, the difficulty in doing this is where i am bemused and struggle believing it is impossible to do, bearing in mind the individual actions required to carry out my request are in fact all available separately by yourselves. As to others offering this or similar, ee and others offer duel and family sims, or individual packages with the same allowances at no extra cost than i currently pay, therefor perhaps the solution would be to join another provider and take my original number with me.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal and private information. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts on the forum. To send a Private Message (PM) please click the letter icon to the top right of your screen. You can review the Forum Guidelines on this here. Thanks] 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi tonto1,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I am really sorry once again that it's not possible to do this. I have no further suggestions apart from upgrading her package.

I hope you're able to work out something that benefits you both.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos