Menu
lizbailey05
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thinking of taking a mobile contract

Hi, 

I am having terrible service from Vodafone and I am thinking of switching to Virgin.  Would someone be able to give me some feedback on the level of service please.

Also what sort of phones are available.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Synthetic
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: thinking of taking a mobile contract

lizbailey05 wrote:

Hi, 

I am having terrible service from Vodafone and I am thinking of switching to Virgin.  Would someone be able to give me some feedback on the level of service please.

Also what sort of phones are available.

Thanks.

They use EE's 3G network which is pretty damn good (in my opinion) so you shouldn't have any issue there, as for customer service, I can't say.

As for available phones, check here http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile.html

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi lizbailey05,

if you want to check out what the coverage is like where you live, you can do so HERE

To see some of the offers / phones and deals that may be available to you, click HERE

As a Virgin mobile customer myself, well I'm still with them & have been for years so their customer service can't be too bad Smiley Happy

To discuss any of these deals or for more information you'll need to speak to a member of the team : 0345 6000 789

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
If this has helped answer your question > click 'Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
thisised
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The words 'avoid' and 'plague' spring to mind. Yes virgin do use EE, but EE has been voted worst company for complaints recently, now imagine how bad virgin's signal, services are.
Shocking signal indoors, even though I'm in a good area, internet the slowest I have ever known, can't use your phone abroad (just look at all the posts), phone stuck on parental lock, regardless of your settings...
Added to this the automated services hardly ever work, 4g (what 4g if ever), having to call customer services everytime you want to do the smallest of things (foreign of course) and the recently modernised account site is shockingly bad, I've known more intuitive and interactive stones.
Apart from that they're alnost as bad as their broadband and tv service. Hope I've helped....
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thisised wrote:
The words 'avoid' and 'plague' spring to mind. Yes virgin do use EE, but EE has been voted worst company for complaints recently, now imagine how bad virgin's signal, services are.
Shocking signal indoors, even though I'm in a good area, internet the slowest I have ever known, can't use your phone abroad (just look at all the posts), phone stuck on parental lock, regardless of your settings...
Added to this the automated services hardly ever work, 4g (what 4g if ever), having to call customer services everytime you want to do the smallest of things (foreign of course) and the recently modernised account site is shockingly bad, I've known more intuitive and interactive stones.
Apart from that they're alnost as bad as their broadband and tv service. Hope I've helped....

As far as signal quality goes personally my Virgin/EE signal is very good, much better than Vodafone (so even if their internet is faster, for me personally it isn't as their signal is prone to disappear at any moment).

Yes Virgin is only 3G not 4G so if this is important to the OP that is a very valid point.

As far as customer service goes, yes 9 times out of 10 you'll end up speaking to someone in the Philippines but although there have been occasions when I've had to politely end the call & phone back, I've usually always managed to get what I wanted in the end.

Virgin's "recently modernised site" - I can't argue this point. Until Virgin Upgraded (their word for it) their system things for me were better.

On the whole though probably no worse than the alternatives Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos
Synthetic
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Personally I've not really had any problems with EE, even with low signal the data rate has still been more than usable, even on 3G.

I guess it all depends on your area.
0 Kudos