Menu
knombdom
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

the worst customer service I have ever endured

I moved back to Virgin when I returned to the UK in November, It was a shaky start! however, January 9th 2016 I decided to upgrade my phone and requested an iphone 6s 64gb in my local store, credit check approved! but none in stock. sales staff suggested i call and apply for an upgrade. this was the beginning of the nightmare! a second request and credit check approved but was then told I could not change my delivery address for the new handset and it would have to be delivered to the address where my bank details where assigned. no use to me as i no longer resided at that address as it is now rented out. so had no choice but to cancel and change my billing address. call back to order my new Iphone 6s, Credit check denied, why? Credit history check came back clear but Virgin internally have red flagged as new billing address. Cant have my phone. whats worse I now have to wait 30days before I can reapply, and why? because Virgins internal systems means it will only reach the department to take that red flag off in 30days?!?!? I could go to any other provider and have a new phone there and then! so i stupidly wait and call again. customer service person feels sorry and offers 1 month free for the inconvenience and I decide to have an Iphone 6s+ 64gb on this occasion. quoted £34 a month for 24 months and it will be with you tomorrow. Phone arrives only to be an Iphone 6s+ 16gb! back on the phone to complain! ok we will send you a jiffy back to send it back, it will take 2 days to arrive and then send it back to us and we will send you another out once it has been scanned as returned, 2 more days for that to be delivered. this call is placed on a thursday night so im not getting the bag before the monday, so waiting another 5 days. given 2 more months of free airtime for the inconvenience only to be told, "sorry but thats not the right price"?!? what! i want to speak to a supervisor, Jaff 7692375 has to be the worse person I have ever had to talk. not only was there no sympathy for the huge inconvenience caused by Virgins errors, but refused there to be anything he was willing to do about the extra £125 i was now going to have to pay regardless of the fact I had agreed that price as per their terms and conditions, and told me "i did not deserve a discount". They were his actual words.

I was a Huge Virgin fan as i have the upmost respect and admiration for Sir Richard Branson, but I didnt speak to Sir RB, i got Jaff! I got awful customer service and was made to wait over 30 days for an upgrade that virgin couldnt even get right!

0 Kudos
davecox
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: the worst customer service I have ever endured

VM messed up my accounts, I was told I can upgrade the phone. Then when phoned again to cancel the phone contact they said sorry they was looking at another account in my name. Which is a lie as one was only done in September last year and the other was done in February last year both on a two year contract. VM customer service is bad the worst I have had for a very long time.

0 Kudos
andtomill
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: the worst customer service I have ever endured

I feel your pain, Virgin mobile customer service is the worst i have ever experienced, i have had them be rude, i have been hung up on, i have been misinformed and i have been outright lied to.

As soon as my contract ends i will be going somewhere else, the phone is fine as is the phone service, but the customer service i have received mean that does not matter, as every time i call i get totally different information for the same query and if i get angry about this they hang up on me after being really rude.

0 Kudos