Menu
terrydaly
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

texting on a VM595

I have just bouught a VM595 Mobile by Alcatel.  Setting text messaging to Abc results in the first word after a full stop being capitalised omly if there is no space after the stop - so there is no space between the two words.  Why is this? Can anything  be done about it

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: texting on a VM595

Hi terrydaly

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with capitalisation on your text messages.

I've taken a look for a manual online for some further advice on this, but not been able to locate one for this exact model.

Does the included manual advise on the expected functioning of this particular option?

Was the handset purchased from us directly or through a third party.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just remembered on an old Alcatel to insert a space between words you pressed the # key. 

May be the same on this

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi terrydaly

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with capitalisation on your text messages.

I've taken a look for a manual online for some further advice on this, but not been able to locate one for this exact model.

Does the included manual advise on the expected functioning of this particular option?

Was the handset purchased from us directly or through a third party.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just remembered on an old Alcatel to insert a space between words you pressed the # key. 

May be the same on this

terrydaly
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It was bought direct from Virgin media. The instruction sheet with it doesn't mention this.  The only way round it I've found is to tap the letter after the full stop without a space so it capitalises then go back a letter amd tap the space key, then go "end of line" and continue. It's a bind, so if anyone has a better idea I'd be grateful. Thanks for replying.

0 Kudos