Menu
ianchild
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

sync contacts and calendar error in windows 8 and 10 phones

My wife and I have MS lumia 640 phones. One on win 8 and the other on win 10. When we try to sync to outlook.com we both get an error message 'we can't sync m.hotmsil.com at the moment. Well keep trying but if this'd isn't your primary Microsoft account and you keep getting this error it might help to delete your account and then addition again. Otherwise wait a while and try again.

Error code: 9x85010014. 

Any suggestions to how to fix this so we can sync our contacts with Outlook on our PC.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: sync contacts and calendar error in windows 8 and 10 phones

Check the settings if it's set to pop3 change them to imap

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/POP3-Behaviour/td-p/2994032
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: sync contacts and calendar error in windows 8 and 10 phones

Good Morning ianchild,

Sorry to hear that you and your wife are experiencing sync issues on your Lumia devices. 

I would love to try and sort this out for you so I'd like to find out more about your problem. How long have you been experiencing this problem for? Have you tried anything yourself to try and resolve the problem as of yet? 

Due to the fact you and your wife are affected I would recommend keeping an eye on the Hotmail service status [Here] just to make sure it is all up and running when you see your problem.

If you are yet to resolve your problem then please take a read of [This article] from Techknowzone and see if it helps you in anyway. 

Would love to here how you get on. 

Thanks 

Mike 

0 Kudos