Menu
Chriscs
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

support for ubuntu phone

Hi,

I have two questions:

1) Does, or will, the Virgin Mobile Network support the new Ubuntu phone?

2) I have a great deal of trouble with using the Virgin Mobile web site and wondered if anyone could help. When I tried to access my account I was unable to get any of the buttons to work, for example the "Send" button. I inactivated all my plugins, anti virus and firewall thinking that one of them might be responsible but it made no difference. I am using Firefox 37.0.2 with Windows 7.

Fortunately I have a dual-boot machine which also runs Linux and this works perfectly with my Virgin account. Has anyone any idea why I can't access my account via Windows 7 and Firefix but it works OK with Linux and Firefox

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: support for ubuntu phone

Hi Chriscs,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'll be happy to help with both questions.

We've got no news on the Ubuntu handset at this moment in time. Sorry about that!

With regards to your online account, does this have similar issues on a different browser?

Let me know when you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Chriscs
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat_H

Thanks for your message. I have been having connection problems, hence the delay in replying. The Ubuntu phone that has just been released is a BQ Aquaris 4.5 that is running the Ubuntu operating system. I had assumed that if I were to buy it all I would need to do is to transfer my SIM card to it. If it works OK after that does it need to be "registered" with Virgin Mobile?

The problem with accessing my account has resolved itself. It must have been due either to my router not working properly or because there was still work being done on the Virgin web site. I did try using Internet Explorer but that didn't work at the time either

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi chriscs,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

If a UK sim works fine in the phone and it's fully unlocked, you can just pop your Virgin sim in Smiley Happy

I'm glad your online account issues are sorted as well Smiley Happy Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos