Menu
angry_bob
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

subsidy code no help

I was on PAYG + then someone from virgin rang me up + upgraded me to pay monthly.sim comes through post, put it in my phone not a smart phone. It asks for subsidy code. On the letter it states ring customer service for subsidy code. So i do the guy has never heard of a subsidy code! Then says it just needs activating,wait 24 hours. 5 days later my phone still asks for a subsidy code, my old sim now doesn't work as number was moved to new sim. So i decide no point calling virgin as no one's heard of it, will see if the online guys know about it, you can only talk online if you want to upgrade! If you've upgraded + you have this issue they don't want to know. So what am i supposed to do? Any help?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: subsidy code no help

Subsidy code is another word for unlock code.

Phone 789 and tell them your phone needs unlocking because of the new SIM card and would they please arrange an UNLOCK CODE

0 Kudos
angry_bob
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I cant ring 789 as my phone wont work as all it does is say enter subsidy code. I have already rand virgin on the 03 number that was on the letter and told them i needed a subsidy code to unlock my phone and the guy told me he had never heard of a subsidy code, is my only option really to keep ringing the 03 number until i get someone who might have heard about a subsidy code? after my last experience i dont have much faith in them

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Don't use the phrase Subsidy Code ---- it will confuse them. The should be OK telling them the phone needs unlocking and you need an unlock code

They are simple souls that cannot work outside of phrases and words found in their scripts

0 Kudos