Menu
ssgibbs
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

stopped receiving incoming calls

Hi, bought moto g for son worked ok at first but has now stopped receiving incoming calls, everything else ok it can make outgoing calls and send and receive texts no problem. checked call divert is off, disconnected and reconnected to virgin, rebooted phone, started it in safe mode to see if any apps were affecting it.any advice would be great. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: stopped receiving incoming calls

I would try a factory reset in case it's a simple thing gone wrong, it's in settings, backup and rest or something like that.
You can save important stuff first via Google back up if needed. There are other backup options

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ssgibbs,

Thank you for coming in and posting about the no incoming calls, I would like to ask if this is something that is still going on and if you've been able to give our team a call on 789?

I would like to look into this more if you still need some help.

Let me know and I can investigate this further for you.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
ssgibbs
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Thanks for reply i have called 789, they checked service status and that was ok they then asked for another number to contact me on but not heard from them, i keep meaning to call back but haven't got round to it, i get little or no signal in my house so have to do it when i'm out. The number in question is 07xxxxxxxxx the only thing i haven't tried yet is resetting phone to factory settings, i looked at mobile network state on phone and it says disconnected ?? But like i said the only problem is incoming calls.

Thanks.

Stephen.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I would try a factory reset in case it's a simple thing gone wrong, it's in settings, backup and rest or something like that.
You can save important stuff first via Google back up if needed. There are other backup options
ssgibbs
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Factory reset sorted it, although i couldn't reset phone through settings i had to do it externally. Thanks for help.

Stephen

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you and that you haven't received a call back yet.

It's great to hear that J0hn's advice to do a factory reset on the handset has worked. 

Please get back in touch if you have any further problems with your service.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos