Menu
Yve
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

stolen top up

Because I have a couple of phones, I like to keep things very simple and have JUST a simple program of phone and sms - thats it. I rarely use the phone for talking, prefering to save my chatting for when Im on my laptop or tablet... so I top up every few weeks usually with £10 - but this is the 3rd or 4th time that I add credit (as I did 12 days ago) and even without making or taking a single call - I get a message a week ago saying I only have £1+ left... its not even enough to make the call to the 789 number!

On previous occasions Im told the credit has gone through having not optioned out of ''roaming'' or from companies sending ads or contests etc... sometimes Virgin have donated me free minutes or sms, but Im so tired of having to pay for things I didnt ask for in first place!

Im getting ready to leave Virgin now, want to find a British comp who understand that we dont all have or want smartphone - some of us only need a phone for the number - not for entertainment, photography, info apps etc. I understand its an ancient concept - using a phone only for communication - but Im a private person and dont need the world et al hearing or over seeing my calls. Most of all, I want a company that understands this and is happy to comply to the customer, and not force us all into financial packages we dont want.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: stolen top up

Hi Yve,

firstly, calls to 789 customer services are free from your Virgin Mobile Smiley Happy

Perhaps if you tell us a little about the phone that you are using we may be able to help.

Although you only use it for calls and texts, is it a "smartphone"? If so is mobile data turned off? Even though you may not use the web on the device it will still connect and this will cost you £1 per day.

Have you subscribed to any premium rate SMS (even accidentally)? If so have you now unsubscribed?

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
Yve
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

no - the 789 calls are only free in UK apparently, and Im in Finland for the holidays. (had the ''welcome to Finland'' message with details of increased charges.) I use my laptop and tablet for all chats, videos etc. My phone is strictly for people to contact ME almost 99% of time.

no, its not a smartphone just a wee Samsung duos

yes all extras are switched off/eliminated since I got caught with that a year ago (grrrr)

no, not subscribed to anything else - Im a nanny and just too busy during day to use phone to natter - have to keep attention to my job!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Yve

Thanks for joining our community and posting about your experience.

I am sorry to read that something seems to be taking up your credit and would like to take a closer look to see if I can help get some answers for you.

Shortly I will send you a PM with further details, you can retrieve this by clicking the envelope in the top right corner Smiley Happy

Regards

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos