Menu
wjf152
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

sony experia microphone fault

For some time i have had an intermittent problem where on answering a call the caller cannot hear me , the only way to resolve the issue is to turn on audio output which is far from ideal .I have called customer service who called me on the mobile and said all was fine , she could hear me no problem . I have googled this problem and there certainly seems to be a problem not just with experia but all makes of phone and seems to be related to the last update .

This problem is not related to where I might be at the time , inside , outside , wherever .

Anyone know of this cause , fix etc etc .

Also have reset phone to factory default , makes no difference .

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: sony experia microphone fault

Hi Wjf152,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with the audio. I want to get this all sorted for you.

We may need to bring the phone in for repair. This can be done on your online account here by going to Plan and Device > Phone repairs.

You can also arrange this by calling us on 789 or 0345 6000 789. Let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How are you getting on with this Wjf152?

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
wjf152
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My phone went in for repair again with a faulty non working microphone and this time was replaced as they said they found a fault which could not be repaired . I have had this phone about two weeks  now and again I have to switch to audio output on almost every call because the caller or who I call cannot hear me . All I ask is to have a phone that simply works like a telephone , I am reluctant to go through the repair process yet again because all that happens is I have no phone for a week then get it back supposedly repaired but nothing has changed .

I am paying for this phone on contract so I think I am entitled to some acceptable level of service from Virgin . On the last occasion customer service accepted that this was a known problem with my model , Experia Aqua 4 , as I had googled the problem and found loads of responses all similar to mine .

How can I get some satisfaction with this problem ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi wjf152

I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues with your Sony handset.

I've dropped you a PM with some more information - please respond to the PM directly and we'll get you some help with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos