Menu
bn12
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

sony aqua m4 problem

Phone is 3 months old, on 24 month contract. In last couple of weeks, phone has been freezing, shutting down/occasionally restarting itself. Tried to fix it by by uninstalling apps, a complete system reboot, clearing all the cache's, putting some things on an SD Card, thinking maybe it was the SD card so taking that out, charging 100%, leaving battery to run out and restarting but now it won't even turn on at all.

Lots of people seem to have problems with this handset; it appears as though it is not is it fit for purpose? What's the procedure for replacement?

thanks

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: sony aqua m4 problem

Hi bn12,

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I'm really sorry to hear your Sony Aqua M4 is freezing and shutting down.

I'm not too sure if you mean a complete system reboot as a factory reset. If not, it may be worth doing this by selecting your handset and following these steps:-

Select handset > The Basics > How do I restore to factory settings

If that fails, you can book a repair via your online account by following these steps:-

You can also book a repair by speaking to the team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile, 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone. Alternatively, you can speak to the web chat team.

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
psvmech2508
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I'm on my second phone as the first had issues with turning Bluetooth off, I'm about to send the second one back after 8 days as it constantly restarts it's self even when not in use.

psvmech2508

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi PS3 mech
Sadly as far as I can see the contract terms mean that you need to call and get it repaired.

But first have you done a factory data reset, as shown above somewhere?
Also have you checked in settings, that in storage you have not almost filled up the phone and or SD card memory as either or both of those issues can result in rebooting.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi psvmech2508

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with the replacement handset.

Have you been able to get things sorted out with this now? Did you find any of the suggestions J0hn offered helped get things back to normal?

Please let us know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
psvmech2508
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I'm awaiting a reply from the tech dept as they have the phone.

Just as a side matter do the "tech and sales dept's " read the community forums re all the faults that are posted

on all subjects?

psvmech2508

0 Kudos
psvmech2508
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I did try all the reset's and downloaded all updates (which took nearly an hour to upload).

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi psvmech2508

It's good to hear we're getting you some help with this Smiley Happy

Have you been advised when to expect the handset back?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos