Menu
chunky1959
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

sony aqua a4

sent phone for repair under warrenty. been told i have to pay £78 to get it repaired. i dont understand why i have to pay for repair under warrenty. the phone had multiple issues,which made it unusable. is ther anything i can do to avoid having to pay this charge?

0 Kudos
KAM1979
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: sony aqua a4

Hi There,

Did they advise why there was a charge? normally this would be if there's any physical/liquid damage to the handset.

Have you any insurance on your account? if so you can claim against it, you would have to pay an excess fee however its normally cheaper than the repair charge.

Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Warpedmedic
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If this is anything like a M4 aqua I would honestly buy another cheap phone for your money. The M4 Aqua is the worse phone in history the Sony forum is packed with people with problems with it. I have issues with the camera not working now the ear speaker has given up the hardware needs reset after a week I would send it back but for a cracked glass cover so they will blame it on the damage. Honestly this phone isn't worth repair find another phone on the Internet and if you have insurance it's upto you.
0 Kudos
chunky1959
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No insurance! Audio port damaged and dust (waterproof phone lets in dust?) Phone is as new,always kept in a case,never dropped. I am in a contract,looks like a cheap phone and use my sim in that.

0 Kudos