Menu
yvoyvo
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

smartcall

When I am trying to phone the app is saying the call is not part of my plan. ...and it is. ..
all connections are ok
Trying to call from Italy to Scotland
my plan is evening and weekends

please help
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: smartcall

Smartcall is only for XL package or above AFAIR.

Staff already replied in a similar thread confirming need for XL:  http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Mobile/Unable-to-register-for-SmartCall/m-p/2857069#M42730

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@jhuk

Huw says in that thread that it will work with talk weekends ect, but you have to remember to use UK time and not the local time while abroad.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you tried running "doctor" yet, press the 3 dots ( top right on Android or bottom right on Apple version), If this fails - it could be the WiFi your on is blocking VoIP calls.
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry to say that you may have to wait for some help by staff, can take a couple of days for them to reply :-(
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

jhuk wrote:

I would get that confirmed as I have said each time this topic comes up (asked every few days) I am not 100% sure but I am sure that is a only reason I upgraded to Phone XL so as I could use Smartcall...

It works with the four core plans TW, TEW, TU, TUXXL. But it does not acknowledge addons like Talk International, Multitalk etc. There are plenty of staff posts confirming that about the community: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Landline/Smartcall-and-talk-international-10/m-p/2553571#M67416 (including the one you linked to.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there guys, 

Again I'd like to confirm that this is correct, the Smart Call package is available to on all of our four core talk plans, and will work with your allotted plan based on UK time, so if you are using it abroad (I've done so myself, and was chuffed that I saved so much), you do need to think of the time that it is in the UK if you are on TEW or TW. 

Okay back to the Original Post, 

Hi yvoyvo, 

I'm really sorry to hear that your smart call service wasn't working as it should, I located your account details and took a look at things, I could see an error where the smart call service wasn't locating your phone package at all, so have corrected that and your smart call should now work. 

If however you are still experiencing an issue, I'd need you to remove the app from your phone, and reinstall it, registering the phone again by signing into http://www.virginmedia.com

Please let me know how this goes. Apologies once more. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Smartcall is only for XL package or above AFAIR.

Staff already replied in a similar thread confirming need for XL:  http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Mobile/Unable-to-register-for-SmartCall/m-p/2857069#M42730

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@jhuk

Huw says in that thread that it will work with talk weekends ect, but you have to remember to use UK time and not the local time while abroad.
0 Kudos
yvoyvo
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have the xl package the problem is my home talk plan and calls to mobile have failed to load information from server ??? How do I fix this please
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you tried running "doctor" yet, press the 3 dots ( top right on Android or bottom right on Apple version), If this fails - it could be the WiFi your on is blocking VoIP calls.
0 Kudos
yvoyvo
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Doctor is all ticks. ..no problems
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry to say that you may have to wait for some help by staff, can take a couple of days for them to reply :-(
0 Kudos
yvoyvo
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

teabag wrote:
@jhuk

Huw says in that thread that it will work with talk weekends etc, but you have to remember to use UK time and not the local time while abroad.

I would get that confirmed as I have said each time this topic comes up (asked every few days) I am not 100% sure but I am sure that is a only reason I upgraded to Phone XL so as I could use Smartcall.

I am sure I read it in the information on main site not what someone said in a thread that can be wrong same as I could be.

It may have been it will not appeared in my Apps unless I upgraded to XL or simply said in FAQ's..

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

jhuk wrote:

I would get that confirmed as I have said each time this topic comes up (asked every few days) I am not 100% sure but I am sure that is a only reason I upgraded to Phone XL so as I could use Smartcall...

It works with the four core plans TW, TEW, TU, TUXXL. But it does not acknowledge addons like Talk International, Multitalk etc. There are plenty of staff posts confirming that about the community: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Landline/Smartcall-and-talk-international-10/m-p/2553571#M67416 (including the one you linked to.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos