Menu
lowlyworm
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

smart phone

Hello, I am thinking of buying a smart phone and would like advice. Are smart phones and I phones the same thing? Can I get a bundle that includes my home Virgin phone, broadband and smart phone on a monthly charge ?

Thank you

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: smart phone

@J0hn

Virgin charge the same rate at present if your a Virgin media customer or not. You just get the unlimited calls VM to VM mobiles if your a VM customer Smiley Happy
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Some people cant have Virgin media , its not 100% UK coverage. I think its a good change

don't know how long Virgin would keep It though

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi lowlyworm,

you can check out the Mobile Coverage Checker to see how good the mobile signal is where you live.

Be aware that streaming video i.e YouTube is quite data heavy so if you are planning to do much of this using your mobile data rather than WIFI you'll need a good allowance.

A "cheaper" phone should still be fine for this though Smiley Happy

My advice would be, if you can, go in store & have a play with a few before you make your mind up.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
If this has helped answer your question > click 'Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

iPhones are smart phones made by Apple that runs apples own iOS operating system.

Samsung, HTC, Nokia and the rest make Smart Phones that either run Android (Googles OS) or Windose Phone (MicroSuck)

I myself am a Apple person. 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

But to reply to the other question, NO

Mobile phone contracts are a separate bill, and a different contract requiring a credit check, however the cost is less if you have a Media account

Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@J0hn

Virgin charge the same rate at present if your a Virgin media customer or not. You just get the unlimited calls VM to VM mobiles if your a VM customer Smiley Happy

J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sadly you are correct, missed that when they changed it, yet one more reason to move on

Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Some people cant have Virgin media , its not 100% UK coverage. I think its a good change

don't know how long Virgin would keep It though

lowlyworm
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I have had a chat to Virgin staff and they agreed that I would be able to use a smart phone when my wifi is turned off. However, when I spoke to a member of my family and told him I wanted to listen to music from youtube without wifi on he thought it may not stream down quickly enough and without wifi on the internet would be slower.

Question 2 - Having answered questions on virgin site they have recommended 3 phones for me to choose from. These vary in price from £225+ down to £50! I am considering buying a really cheap phone as it is my first smart phone to practice on and see how I get one. If I buy a really cheap phone do you think the internet will run much slower. I have found an answer to leaving the wifi on in the other room by using a remote control switch so that is another option.

Thank you for your help. Very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi lowlyworm,

you can check out the Mobile Coverage Checker to see how good the mobile signal is where you live.

Be aware that streaming video i.e YouTube is quite data heavy so if you are planning to do much of this using your mobile data rather than WIFI you'll need a good allowance.

A "cheaper" phone should still be fine for this though Smiley Happy

My advice would be, if you can, go in store & have a play with a few before you make your mind up.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
If this has helped answer your question > click 'Helpful Answer' also.