Menu
blankcanvas67
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

slow to non existent 3G and calls dropped

Over the last 5 days I and some other people I know not just in my area have been experiencing very slow internet connection to the point that web pages time out out going and in coming calls are getting dropped or sent straight to vm call 789 and been told there are no problems so what's going on?
My area is BN17 would appreciate it if you could look into what's going on.
Thanks
0 Kudos
blankcanvas67
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow to non existent 3G and calls dropped

Come on virgin get things sorted this is beyond a joke when your paying for a service that works one minute and not the next, it's not my phone as I have tried my SIM in a friends phone and it's exactly the same 789 are giving on useful information only try taking the battery out well that's the first thing you try, why say a technical team to give a simple answer they also say there are no network problems when I have checked another forum on a different site and up and down the country are experiencing the same. If it's due to EE why not just say
Please can you look into this matter asap!
0 Kudos
thisised
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Same very poor service GU area, just moved from PO and EXACTLY the same, soon leaving as bored of this...

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Blankcanvas67,

Sorry to hear the calls keep dropping everywhere you go. Where's the furthest you've gone where the calls keep dropping?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
blankcanvas67
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Anywhere from Portsmouth to Eastbourne up to Guilford
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the swift reply Blankcanvas67 Smiley Happy

It sounds like there may be an issue with the sim or the phone if the calls keep dropping that far. Give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll be sure to order you a replacement to see if the dropped calls issue is fixed.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
blankcanvas67
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Why is it though that other areas that I have been I can get full bar signal fast internet and calls don't get dropped if it's a SIM problem surely that would mean it would affect every area that you are in not just that specific regions
Just admit that you have no idea on what's going on with signal and internet speeds or that you are cutting area coverage instead of the bs answers you and 789 scripted help line give us all, it time virgin started to look after there customers better and started to demand answers themselves from EE network on what's going on.
One of your many very disgruntled customers
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

HI Blankcanvas67,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

You mentioned that the calls dropped in every area you went to. Is this not the case?

As I mentioned, there's a fault in your area curently. EE are already hard at work to get this sorted for you.

If you have any other queries regarding the network, please give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and our team on the phone can get in touch with EE regarding this.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
blankcanvas67
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You asked me what areas I went that my calls we're dropping that is the areas but some places in those areas where you are on a different mast are ok for call but internet shows 3G still timing out
I have been on to 789 about it several times and all I get told from them is we can't see any problems in the areas that your having troubles with calls or 3G signal so it's a pointless task having to call them wait to get hold of an operator to be told exactly the same
I know long before it was mentioned on here that EE are having the exact problems because I read a reply from them to one of these customers having the same 3G problems as most of England on your network and when I mentioned it to helpline I was told they knew nothing of it.
As one of your many customers experiencing the same problems we would like to know when it's going to be fixed not just there is a problem!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Blankcanvas67,

I can understand your frustration here. We've no acknowledged fault nationwide affecting 3G. I want to get this sorted but we'd need to provide comprehensive proof that you're having this issue. This would include either trying your sim in another phone or ordering a replacement sim so we can make sure it's nothing to do with the sim or the phone.

Please give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 to order a new sim if you can't place it inside the phone.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos