Menu
anvill
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

sim tariff.

hello,

I have a sim contract with 4G 4gb and i never use my 4gb data an now i have a rollover and going up to 8GB . I never use much now a days data because i usually connected to my wifi most days. If i am going to downgrade my tariff to my enough used data can i still use the existing data that i never use to the downgraded tariiff ?

Let say i am now 4GB +4GB rollover data. If downgrade to 300MB can i still be use that existing data to the new tariff?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Magic_M
Superfast
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: sim tariff.

Reading at https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

"When I change to a new plan, will my data rollover amount start again? It will, and you’ll retain any leftover data from your previous plan. So if you have 1GB remaining, and you move down to a new plan, you keep that remaining 1GB and can use it on your new plan."

This suggests that you would have up to 4GB of rollover data in the month after you downgrade. Don't forget, however, that rollover data only lasts a month so a month later you could only have (using your example) a maximum of 300MB rolled.

At the moment the £6 tariff is on offer at double data - I.e. 600MB (+ 300MB rollover)...if you like to talk consider the inclusive minutes, though.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Magic_M
Superfast
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: sim tariff.

Reading at https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

"When I change to a new plan, will my data rollover amount start again? It will, and you’ll retain any leftover data from your previous plan. So if you have 1GB remaining, and you move down to a new plan, you keep that remaining 1GB and can use it on your new plan."

This suggests that you would have up to 4GB of rollover data in the month after you downgrade. Don't forget, however, that rollover data only lasts a month so a month later you could only have (using your example) a maximum of 300MB rolled.

At the moment the £6 tariff is on offer at double data - I.e. 600MB (+ 300MB rollover)...if you like to talk consider the inclusive minutes, though.

0 Kudos