Flag for a moderator

Re: sim swap

Thanks @teabag
paperclip
Rising star
Message 62 of 225
Flag for a moderator

Is everyone asked to request a switch date? just curious.
0 Kudos
Jomodu
On our wavelength
Message 63 of 225
Flag for a moderator

No....just said in the letter to do it immediately.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 64 of 225
Flag for a moderator

Exact words on mine on the SIM swap was
"You must do this as soon as possible"
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 65 of 225
Flag for a moderator

Be careful when pushing out the new sim for the microsim phones as I accidentally pressed too hard and ended up with a nano size instead of a microsim, I had to call to get the new one cancelled/blocked and a new one sent out, my own fault of course.

Not so easy with the first guy offshore that I spoke with as he said after about 25mins or so that he couldn't do it as it hadn't been activated, I knew that was rubbish so I called 789 from the mobile this time and I spoke with Leo who was able to override it and cancel the one that was rendered useless and order me up another sim, it's annoying though that you have to call a second virgin colleague in order to get something fixed whatever it may be.
I'll just need to be more careful when pushing the sim card out when it arrives again for the second time.
So the moral of the story is don't always believe what you're told first time round especially if you feel what you're hearing isn't correct.
0 Kudos
vo81
Tuning in
Message 66 of 225
Flag for a moderator

Having a nightmare with this sim swap personally.  Signed up to the black Friday deal and was working perfect, noticed on Sunday night on my account the notification so ordered a new sim. Put in yesterday all looked good, call and texts fine but no data.  L ots of phone calls since as it won't save my APN settings manually, turns out after inserting my original sim that now off all the APN details have saved to that! done everything as requested even factory reset my phone.  By the sounds a few are having issues, normally all sims have the APN details and never need to mess, but after checking again It's still saving APN to my old sim, no idea whats wrong and say calling back soon. If not probably best to say lost phone so get new sim that works...like the original did!

0 Kudos
vo81
Tuning in
Message 67 of 225
Flag for a moderator

New sim card being sent out after all the troubleshooting being unable to fix

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 68 of 225
Flag for a moderator

@vo81

Were you able to tell if it was off-shore that organised another Sim to be sent?
0 Kudos
vo81
Tuning in
Message 69 of 225
Flag for a moderator

wasn't offshore, they put me through to some higher support.  Hoping it will have the apn settings good to go.  As mentioned very strange couldn't save any to the new sim, they just all appeared on old sim when reinserted.  I've told them if it doesn't work then will cancel as still in 14 days (hopefully all will be fine like before)

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 70 of 225
Flag for a moderator

@vo81
Which number did you call originally? was it 789 from your mobile or 150 or 151 from your landline if you have one?

Always think it's best to call in the morning to get inshore help.
0 Kudos