Menu
paperclip
Rising star
Message 51 of 225
Flag for a moderator

Re: sim swap

How long do we have to insert and activate the new sim being that the one already in the phone works for voicemail and mobile account app etc.

Re voicemail I see there's a section within the online account that let's you activate voicemail, use that if it's been deactivated for any reason.

I've tended to find that whenever you receive a new sim and after its been activated there are bits and pieces that don't work till after the refresh date such as the account app.
0 Kudos
Jomodu
On our wavelength
Message 52 of 225
Flag for a moderator

Wow...that was quick. I ordered my new sim on Sunday and it has just arrived by post. It tells me to insert new sim as soon as possible and gives me a 15 number personal code to put in if requested. Trouble is I cannot do it straight away as have to go out and need phone with me and dont trust it enough to do it now. Will report back when done!

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 53 of 225
Flag for a moderator

@Jomodu
I take it the personal 15 number code will be the IMEI.
0 Kudos
Jomodu
On our wavelength
Message 54 of 225
Flag for a moderator

No its not. It says it is Your unlock code if you need it. I have just inserted the new sim and it just refreshrd my carrier settings. It didnt ask to put in the new cade. I got a text message to click a link to set up my ios device automatically and then another to set congrats all up and running.
I have sent and receiced phone calls, used vm internet and all is working ok as far as i have tested. So, it appears the sim is not linked to imei number so can be used in whatever current phone you have as mine is totally different to any that vm has me having on my mobile.
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 55 of 225
Flag for a moderator

Interesting, I'll report back once mine arrives etc.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 56 of 225
Flag for a moderator

Wow SIM's arrived, 1st class Royal Mail.
Mine done, was worried about the unlock code - my code was "Unlock code 1 non stock", but it never asked for a code.

Just one little problem I WAS going to post about, all the APN settings have changed and the phone was only getting 3g, but half an hour later 4g kicked in.

The other SIM will be done tonight :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Message 57 of 225
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Virgin Mobile is beginning to issue new SIM cards to a limited number of our customers towards the end of 2017, and this will increase in volume in 2018.

We’ll be asking you to swap your SIM at different times, depending on the type of service you have with us.

Some of you are already being contacted about swapping your SIM at this stage, which is great. If you have already been asked to swap your SIM, you’ll receive guidance on how to do this, and as always, we’re happy to help you here on the Community.

However, most customers won’t be contacted about this for several months.

There have also been some messages about this on our website that were made live accidentally, and we apologise for this. No action is needed until we contact you in regards to swapping your SIM.

The great news is that once we’ve completed this SIM Swap, it will allow Virgin Mobile to be more flexible and offer new innovative services and plans.

Thanks,

Your Community Moderators

andrewilley
Fibre optic
Message 58 of 225
Flag for a moderator

teabag wrote:
Wow SIM's arrived, 1st class Royal Mail.

Sadly mine didn't arrive today. Hopefully tomorrow though, if they are going out by 1st class post.

Andre

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 59 of 225
Flag for a moderator

@modteam

I acted from the request shown on my online mobile account, I never received any other request and I have already ordered the new sim, will this cause any issues for those that ordered it without being contacted, ie from the customers mobile online account?
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 60 of 225
Flag for a moderator

@paperclip

Both my SIM's were ordered the same way as yours without any other requests. Both SIM's have worked OK :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.