Well the message is no longer on my account about requesting a new sim 

I didn't request new one and now message has gone 

0 Kudos
suechapman
On our wavelength
Message 42 of 225
Flag for a moderator

Re: sim swap

Paperclip yes that's correct I'm not being asked to request new sim cards anymore the message has gone

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 43 of 225
Flag for a moderator

@SueChapman
Thanks for confirming.
Mods, may I ask that this sim message issue be escalated to the mobile technical support team as this is getting ridiculous.
If this message was withdrawn being it was an error why on earth would virgin send out new sims?
0 Kudos
andrewilley
Fibre optic
Message 44 of 225
Flag for a moderator

My account is showing that the new SIM card was sent out yesterday, so hopefully it will arrive today. I'll let you know what happens when I install it.

I do hope it works straight away though, as I need to PAC transfer my old number onto this new Virgin account within the next few days before my EE PAC code expires. The first offshore Virgin adviser yesterday told me that I had to upgrade to the new SIM card before he could do a PAC transfer, so I went ahead and ordered it. A second adviser said she could have done the number transfer first, but by then it was too late so I'll need to wait for the new card now anyway.

Andre

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 45 of 225
Flag for a moderator

Andre,
Is it saying the same as my image on page 4 of this thread?
0 Kudos
andrewilley
Fibre optic
Message 46 of 225
Flag for a moderator

paperclip wrote:
Andre,
Is it saying the same as my image on page 4 of this thread?

Yes. For the one account that I've ordered the card on, it shows the same message as your image.

The other account no longer offers the option to do anything, and the banner info on the landing page has gone too, but everyone is reporting the same for that.

Andre

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 47 of 225
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps it was only one day they gave us to order the new sim, however that would sound odd but then again it's Virgin we're talking about lol.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 48 of 225
Flag for a moderator

@andrewilley

Ref your PAC code, cutting it a bit tight - maybe work out some other way of keeping the number for now. Only saying because the SIM's usually take a week or more for delivery, the info about the replacement say's we maybe given a future date to swap SIM's, last of all, posts from people on here with a new iPhone X and new SIM are being told it might be 5 days before their SIM can be activated :-(
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
andrewilley
Fibre optic
Message 49 of 225
Flag for a moderator

teabag wrote:
@andrewilley

Ref your PAC code, cutting it a bit tight - maybe work out some other way of keeping the number for now. Only saying because the SIM's usually take a week or more for delivery, the info about the replacement say's we maybe given a future date to swap SIM's, last of all, posts from people on here with a new iPhone X and new SIM are being told it might be 5 days before their SIM can be activated :-(

I allowed ten days (12 actually) to allow for the possibility of Virgin (or EE) screwing things up, just as well I did in hindsight.

I was actually quite impressed when I set up the new Virgin Mobile account online and the SIM arrived the next day and activated fine immediately. This was Saturday. However when I then called 789, they told me they couldn't do a next-day PAC number transfer over the weekend so I called again on Monday. Which of course turns out to be a day late as this little fiasco had started. I'm hoping the new SIM arrives as speedily as the original one did (hopefully today) and that it activates as quickly too, but at least I've still got a week (until 12th Dec) before my EE PAC code expires.

Andre

teabag
Problem sorter
Message 50 of 225
Flag for a moderator

Receiving SIM next day - must have been a Yodel delivery?

I expect these new replacement SIM's are being sent second class Royal Mail :-(

Hoping it all falls right for you :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos