Re: sim swap

@BenMcr Thanks as always.
0 Kudos
suechapman
On our wavelength
Message 32 of 225
Flag for a moderator

I have just logged into my account and where this morning it was telling me I needed to order new sims for all three of my numbers has now gone and my online account is back to normal with nothing about new sims on it at all 

sue 

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 33 of 225
Flag for a moderator

AlexKid wrote:

Hi,

a little info' video: http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/mobile/swap-your-sim.html

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Just reading the last part of that link "final steps"

under "If you're going abroad" it says "Your SIM will be automatically set up to roam, however your data and MMS settings won’t be active while you’re abroad. You can find all the information you need from our Roaming page."

Am I reading that right, roaming data settings turned off again?

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
andrewilley
Fibre optic
Message 34 of 225
Flag for a moderator

AlexKid wrote:

A little info' video: http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/mobile/swap-your-sim.html

I think there are going to be some uphappy long-term (or older/non-tech savvy) customers over the next month or two. Being asked to insert a new SIM card is daunting enough for the non-techies in the first place, but also finding out that by doing so their existing outgoing voicemail recording has been wiped, any saved messages have gone, and any contacts that were still stored on their old SIM card have vanished (some people still do that - such as my wife until I surreptitiously copied hers over to the relative safety of her Google account), amongst other unexpected changes, will result in a lot of needless confusion and annoyance.

To quote my wife on the subject, "it'll be some man in a suit that came up with this idea just to annoy people". And that's the clean version Smiley Happy

Andre

paperclip
Rising star
Message 35 of 225
Flag for a moderator

suechapman wrote:

I have just logged into my account and where this morning it was telling me I needed to order new sims for all three of my numbers has now gone and my online account is back to normal with nothing about new sims on it at all 

sue 

So what you're saying is you aren't being asked to go get a new sim?

This is what it now says on my account since I went ahead with ordering it yesterday. _20171204_193805.JPG

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 36 of 225
Flag for a moderator

I've logged into my account today and the message has also disappeared about needing a sim upgrade.

Maybe this was an error and shouldn't have been showing on all accounts ?

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 37 of 225
Flag for a moderator

backtothefuture wrote:

I've logged into my account today and the message has also disappeared about needing a sim upgrade.

Maybe this was an error and shouldn't have been showing on all accounts ?

@BenMcr 

Can you explain this Ben?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 38 of 225
Flag for a moderator

Likewise it was showing this morning but not later in the day.
B_wells
Joining in
Message 39 of 225
Flag for a moderator

That message has gone from my account now also... how strange!
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 40 of 225
Flag for a moderator

I take it those that see nothing currently relating to the sim message on their online mobile account are those that haven't requested a new sim?
0 Kudos