Menu
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 11 of 225
Flag for a moderator

Re: sim swap

Already ordered my 2, but could not add our new IEMI numbers.

Last SIM replacement I ordered a few months ago, took 3 weeks to turn up - so thought I'll get them ordered early. lol
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Jomodu
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 225
Flag for a moderator

Yes just ordered mine despite swapping old for new 4g sim a few months ago on my existing monthly sim only deal. VM still has my original Nokia phone listed but have used the sim for the past two iphones I bought privately. So the website wouldnt recognise my present IEMI number for iphone 6s. There is no way to change/update phone details unless the phone has been bought direct from Virgin Mobile. I cannot understand why VM rely totally on customers accessing the community forum to learn about important changes to their services both for mobile and cable. Total disregard for their customers. 

paperclip
Rising star
Message 13 of 225
Flag for a moderator

What reason would I require to add new IMEI number? I still use the same phone as I didn't upgrade the last time.
Surely when ordering the new sim online it should bring up your current IMEI.
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 14 of 225
Flag for a moderator

Is it wise to wait till close to the refresh date before you put in your new sim and activate it? I seem to recall that the Virgin Mobile account app didn't work until the refresh date occurred the last time I put in a new sim.
Hopefully won't have to wait too long, only ordered it online yesterday.
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 15 of 225
Flag for a moderator

AlexKid wrote:

Hi ne,

the new Virgin Mobile SIM's are to allow the company to be less dependant on EE's operating systems.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Will this mean that if it's losing EE the service won't be as good?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 16 of 225
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

not at all. Virgin Mobile will still be using the same frequencies and masts owned by EE/BT.

They just wont be reliant on them from now on for everything else.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
andrewilley
Fibre optic
Message 17 of 225
Flag for a moderator

I had a new SIM card delivered on Saturday for a new Virgin SIM-only monthly contact, and I just called 789 to PAC transfer my old (EE) number onto it, only to be told that I need another new SIM card first? This one is only a day old!

The offshore person was a bit confusing, saying that Virgin are now not connected with EE and thus no longer using EE's cell towers (??) which sounded complete rubbish to me. Then he hung up on me when I queried this statement, especially as I only switched to Virgin in the first place as they piggy-back off EE's wide-coverage cell network.

My daughter and wife have also recently switched up to new 4G Virgin SIMs (from their older 3G Virgin contracts) in the last couple of weeks, will they being needing new cards too? It all seems a bit badly thought out to be honest.

Andre

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 18 of 225
Flag for a moderator

What would happen if you don't request a new sim? the current sim already currently 4G enabled and working fine.
0 Kudos
andrewilley
Fibre optic
Message 19 of 225
Flag for a moderator

paperclip wrote:
What reason would I require to add new IMEI number?

I don't always use the same phone, are they saying that accounts will be locked to one IMEI number now? What about people upgrading phones (my daughter's account still has her very old Backberry listed for example, as I can't see how to change the phone details on our Virgin account webpage. She currently uses a network-unlocked Samsung S4, and Santa might be switching her to a network-unlocked S8 in a few weeks (shhhhh..... Smiley Wink )

[Edit] I just tried entering my IMEI number (for a network-free Galaxy Note 3) into the 'Request New SIM' form on the Virgin account page, and it says it's not a valid IMEI number. Huh? I assume it's fine to continue without entering any number?

Andre

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 20 of 225
Flag for a moderator

Mine once showed the wrong phone and I remember calling them about it and I think the next day or so it finally showed the correct phone.
0 Kudos