Menu
ne
Joining in
Message 1 of 203
Flag for a moderator

sim swap

Hi
about 4 months ago or more i had a sim swap for the new 4g lte sims.

cue this month of dec, i getting messages in my account to do a sim swap, for 'new services'

I wish to know more about this before ordering them new sims

ie more techy stuff, why the change?

--
Neil B - Big Red Shed
--
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine...
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 203
Flag for a moderator

Re: sim swap

Same here.  Most of my connections are new connections I've only had a couple of months and my account is saying that too.

"As part of our exciting network upgrade, we need to send you a brand new SIM pack."

Is this an error ?

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 203
Flag for a moderator

My account say's the same.

For years, I've tried to get my accounts updated with the IEMI numbers of new phones we've purchased, never been possible if phone was brought 3rd party, now we can't order the new Sims without giving the IEMI numbers?.

EDIT: I take that back about the IEMI numbers, it won't accept our new IEMI numbers and we have had to order without supplying them :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Jomodu
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 203
Flag for a moderator

Same here. I hope someone from VM will explain.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 203
Flag for a moderator

Hi ne,

the new Virgin Mobile SIM's are to allow the company to be less dependant on EE's operating systems.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
Jomodu
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 203
Flag for a moderator

So....is that a good or bad thing for VM customers? I dont reall understand. I thought that using the EE network was good. Are you saying that relying totally on the VM network is better, faster, more efficient, better coverage? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 203
Flag for a moderator

Jomodu wrote:

So....is that a good or bad thing for VM customers? I dont reall understand. I thought that using the EE network was good. Are you saying that relying totally on the VM network is better, faster, more efficient, better coverage? 

Virgin Mobile are still using the EE network for coverage but at the moment they are also totally reliant on their operating systems and have to request everything from EE.

Having their own SIM's and operating system gives the company more control for the future.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 203
Flag for a moderator

@Jomodu

Virgin are now a full MVNO to EE/BT, roughly it's Virgin will now run their system fully and the signals will still be pushed through the EE mast's.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 203
Flag for a moderator

Anyone know the timescales on this requirement to obtain new sim cards ?

I'm going away on holiday in around a weeks time for two weeks, and don't want to risk the sim swap causing problems before my return, but at the same time don't want to end up with our current sims stopping....

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 10 of 203
Flag for a moderator

@teabag
Are you going to order yours?
0 Kudos