Menu
davepmichael
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

sim only tariff discrepancy

Why why is It that I pay £8.12 a month for 500 my data + calls etc, but when I get adverts through the post advertising 2gb and 2500 mins for £10 a month, it's no where to be found on the website? I'm told i have to cancel and reorder.?? why?? I just want the better tariff and the same number!
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: sim only tariff discrepancy

If you get put through to cancellations they can do it

0 Kudos
davepmichael
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I was trying to avoid ringing but think that's the only option. spent an hour on the Web chat and.....brick wall vs head ....
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have the advert with you it will have a code on it that will help.

Virgin have on and off got this wrong for many years, it's not just you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The £10 sim on the advert is just one of the new tarrifs offered http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/sim-only/pay-monthly-sim.html

Take the "thinking of leaving us" option, from your mobile- 789 options 1>0>4, as long as you don't have a contract phone, the swap over from your old to new tarrif should be easy, no new sim - the new tarrif will start on your next refresh date.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davepmichael,

Cheers for coming in and posting, I'm sorry that there's been a deal in whic you like and it's not been the easiest to get to. We're unable to make changes from here but the Webchat and calling in would be the best form.

I would like to ask if you have been able to get in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
davepmichael
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I did get in touch but not particularly helpful. was told that the deal I had seen advertised was only available to new customers. The deals available to me are far worse than those being offered. was fobbed off with having to now wait till Monday to ring another number I was given. its the usual case of the loyal customer being screwed over while the new customer gets the great deals. loyalty gets you no where.
so I'm no closer to getting what is advertised and now have to wait till Monday to probably get fobbed off yet again!
0 Kudos