Menu
davepenn
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

sim only deals

hi guys ive been on essential plan for over 2 years now on a 30day rolling contract

. i originally was to be charged £17 but due to me being a virgin broadband customer i was given a £5 discount so i was paying £12

about a year ago the cost went upto £13.50 then recently upto £16.50 and then about 2 days ago i got a letter saying that the cost is going up even  further to £21.50 as they said i was given a loyalty discount for over 1 year and they were now stopping it

i rang virgin mobile on 789 today and kept getting through to the asian call centre when i asked to speak to someone from a uk branch i was told there is no uk call centres anymore as i always found they were more helpful and more eager to help from the uk braches

anyway i told them i was not happy about paying these prices for a below par network and she told me that they would not offer me any discounts and my only option is to downgrade my plan

so i have reluctantly for the time being switched to a lower tariff of £13

for this price i get 3gb data & 5000 minutes

can anyone tell me if they have a better plan than me for the similar cost? as i was talking to someone at work and he told me he gets unlimited everything for £15pm on a 30day contract

i feel i have been treated quite unfairly and i do not consider this a good practise for customer loyalty

thanks dave

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: sim only deals

Dave, I agree but they have done this across the board, the latest offers are on the website. 4G is coming in October so I'd consider seeing what happens then before looking elsewhere 

0 Kudos
ellisechanelle
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm on the £15 VIP plan which is unlimited calls texts and 2g of Internet :-) x
0 Kudos
9mill
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave, I'm on the same plan as you and I've just got off the phone with them and got the same reply as you.

I get  £8 loyalty discount even though its called a tariff discount. If I upgrade for another 24 months I will lose it, so much for customer loyalty.

If I look at my online account it clearly says £8 discount effectively from Sept 2014 to Jan 2037, I pulled him up on that and said if I sign up to a new contract I will loose it.

He also stated that because the upgrade phones are heavily discounted and Virgin could no longer offer a discount to accounts

well I've just been on Samsung's website and the phone can be bought off them for £303 and Virgin want's a total of £360 over the 24 month period and I bet Virgin pays nowhere near the £303 for them. 

I asked to be put through to retentions and he said he was retentions, I thought retentions was UK based ?

I have 2 mobile phones and I get loyalty discount with my broadband, tv, and home phone so why can't we get discount  with mobile, hopefully one of the forum team members can chime in as this is poor customer service to it's users

been with virgin since cable & wireless days when it first came out

John

0 Kudos
davepenn
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

they are increasing prices everywhere. just noticed that my broadband bill has recently gone up to £26.50 when it was originally £18.50.

i was told they have taken the loyalty discount of me too, which is the same reply i got from virgin mobile.

would love  to see what an administrator on this forum has to say about this?? bit of a bad way to treat your customers in my view

0 Kudos
davepenn
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

you should ring them up ellise and complain. you shouildnt be paying more and getting less than others, they are becoming a greedy company now in my eyes
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi davepenn,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. I'm really sorry to hear that things haven't been perfect regarding your charges and discount on your account. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the recent price rise, however it is a necessity in order to allow us to provide all the services and options that we currently offer and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause our customers.

We're not able to discuss specific billing issues via the forum so you will need to give the team a call on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) or 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline). 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
davepenn
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

We're not able to discuss specific billing issues via the forum so you will need to give the team a call on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) or 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline).

this seems to be all you administrators answer for everything on this forum,  not much point me ringing up is it as ive been told loyalty counts for nothing anymore from the virgin call center when ive rang up numerous times before

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi davepenn

I'm really sorry to hear you feel this way.

I am confident if you get in touch with the loyalty team they'll take a look at this for you and we'll make sure we've got you on the best offer.

Let us know how you get on though.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
dragonmyst
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave I have just got sim only 30 day rolling for £15 I get 5000 mins 5000 text and 5GB data. And because I went through Uswitch I will get £30 of Amazon vouchers after I have been with them for 3 months. Better I think than the contract you have. 

0 Kudos